Friday, February 13, 2015

Double Party

On Friday Feb. 6th we had a combined birthday party for Tyler and Brynlee. I always have such a hard time with parties because I hate leaving people out! I wish we could just invite everybody and have a HUGE party. But Kenny helps me keep things on a smaller scale, especially since it was double time. So we decided to only invite people from Wasilla, and then they still had to further whittle the numbers down to a few people from their primary classes. Some didn't end up coming, but it was just right. Everybody had such a good time and we kept it really simple. I'm certainly not one of those moms that believe in over-the-top birthday parties. I actually cringe at them. Sometimes getting "cutesy" invitations out is enough to freeze me into not even doing a party at all! So acknowledging this about myself, I decided to just not care about what anyone else would think or say and do what I was comfortable with. So I typed up a very simple invite on microsoft word, printed it out 4 to a page, cut them out and stuck them in an envelope. That's it. It was totally lame, but it got the information out and that's all that I needed. They just played a bunch of different games and had a dance party. I made a bunch of individual pizza crusts and they all got to add their own sauce, cheese, and toppings. Then they played some more and came back for donuts. That's what they wanted as a birthday treat instead of cake. Then they played some more until parents came back to get them. Everything went really great and even though we hardly ever do birthday parties (I think Tyler had one when he was 4, and that's all we've ever done haha!) it's so fun to celebrate birthdays with friends!

Party prep


making their own pizzas







Such a cute bunch of kids. L to R: Scott, Tyler, Allison, Daphne, Mia (in the back, then Bryn, Emily, Madison and Cate


We specifically asked for no gifts, but one little girl decided against it anyway. Brynlee was not upset about that at all. ;)


No comments: