Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Birthday and a Family Presentation

On Wednesday the 4th I turned 28!! It was a pretty ordinary day of school, cleaning, and Ty and Bryn had their Mat-Su classes. That night we had dinner early and I took the kids with me to the church at 6 for a Pack Meeting. My first one for scouts :). Kenny came and met us at the church and took the kids back home and got them bathed. When I came home we had some brownies and ice cream! The kids were SO sweet in trying to make it a special day for me. They would keep reminding each other, "remember we're trying to be good for mom today?!" Not only that but they wanted to surprise me and cleaned the whole upstairs, and made some cards for me. It was really so sweet. I sure love their little efforts to let me know that they love me. I'm pretty sure I have the best kids in the world. No bias here ;). I have so much to be thankful for and a birthday is a great time to reflect on that. 




On Thursday at CC we were in charge of doing the opening stuff. Tyler said the prayer, and we had to come up with some kind of family presentation to help everybody get to know us better. Everyone's done something different throughout the year and it's a great way to get to know each other better. We came up with a fun little "rap" that we recited. It was very well received! And we had a great time making it up. Brynlee and Madison were a lot quieter while presenting than they were while practicing at home, their nerves got the better of them. But they still did it and I'm pretty sure everyone could hear at least most of it. Tyler was very helpful in coming up with what to say, and even wrote his own section. Here's what we said...

We are the Weston Family and we are strong!
We’ve been in Alaska for 3 years which isn’t very long.
We’re going to introduce ourselves one by one.
We hope you can hang in there till our rap is done.

Daddy is the captain of our family,
He works at Conoco Phillips and his name is Kenny.
Lindsay is the mom, I like to read and bake and such
But with 5 kids in 7 years there isn’t time for much!

T is for Tyler, and that is me
I love wild animals and my family.
I love world history ‘cause it’s really cool,
I play soccer and the piano, like a fool.

I’m 6 year old Brynlee Weston if you please,
I eat all of my vegetables except for peas.
I am a crazy gymnast and I like to read,
Music and movement is all I need.

My name is Madison and I’m 4 years old
I love to go hiking except for when it’s cold.
I help my mommy in the kitchen all the day,
Coloring and dress-ups is my favorite way to play.

I am Kelsey and I’m almost 3,
Play-doh and painting makes me so happy.
Briggs is the last, but not the least
He’s a 6 month old cutie and he loves to feast. J

We’re thankful to be Americans in the land of the free,
We believe in God and eternal family.
We’re happy to be in on this CC fun,

And you’ll be glad to hear that our rap is DONE!

2 comments:

Cam said...

Okay your rap is the best! I'm a firm believer that every family needs a rap.

Your kids are so dang cute - Briggs' face in that pic of you blowing out the candles is adorable!

Kimberly said...

Love this rap! Family songs/raps are so unifying. They'll remember it forever!