Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Life is manageable on drugs

I was reminded of the miracle of modern medicine this past week. I was sick, and so were my kids. Of course Kenny was ok, he has an impenetrable immune system of steel. I had called him earlier during the day stressed out because there was just a whole lot of screaming and crying going on from the kids. On his way home from work he called again to check up on us and see how I was doing. "Much better", I said; "we've all had a nap and a good dose of tylenol!!"


My baby girl turned 6 weeks old yesterday!! She's doing great. Except she's got colic. Only between 5/5:30 and 12:00 at night though. So it's a good thing it's not all day, but it sure makes for difficult evenings. She won't let me put her down. One thing I have found is she is often soothed with music. Of all the choirs I've been in throughout my life, I have never sung as much as I do now, to her. Despite my voice, she likes it. Michael Buble seems to have some magical calming influence on her. A girl after my own heart.


This little boy keeps me laughing all the time. He's such a ham. this is such a fun age. I just love watching him learn to talk and figure everything out. He knows all his colors and shapes and does pretty good with numbers. But I just love hearing him copy new words and learn how to put them together to form sentences. He is such a good helper and is getting better about his attitude/tantrums. He really is such a good kid. I'm so lucky.
Kenny and I spoke in church on Sunday. It's so nice to have my parents in the building at the same time as us. It's pretty crazy that they're not in our ward, or even stake, but yet we meet in the same building and our times overlap by one hour. So they sat with the kids and got to hear us speak.
I had my 6 wk. post partum check up today. Everything's great. What a blessing.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Your apron is super cute!
And TYLENOL is amazing! We've used it quite a bit since Makenna's little accident!

Carlee Ann said...

That first picture is priceless!