Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Things I want to say

MOM ROCK: Have you ever noticed a bunch of moms (especially new moms) standing around together and realized that they are probably all doing the "mom rock"? You know, swaying back and forth like they're rocking their baby to sleep or just trying to keep them happy. The funniest is when moms are doing it without a baby in their arms! Problem is, I catch myself doing it all the time! That's when you know you've got a newborn.

3rd WARDROBE: You all know what I'm talking about. You've got your normal clothes, your maternity clothes, and then the "in-between" clothes! I am really struggling with this right now. I can only wear a handful of shirts that don't look absolutely fatty and gross on me right now. But I'm too stubborn to go buy more "large" shirts to fill my 3rd wardrobe because I keep telling myself I'm going to be normal again soon. But here I am, wearing the same shirt I wore yesterday. (Shh... don't tell anyone) My pants fit, but I don't have any jeans because the last pair I had I wore big holes in both of the knees. So I'm still wearing maternity jeans, and can I just say how much I hate that. I am going to go buy myself a new pair of jeans as soon as I get a chance to go to the store. I am not brave enough to take two children to the mall when I want to try on multiple items of clothing.



INTENTIONAL PARENTING: this is a concept that was talked about often by one of my awesome professors at BYU-Idaho. Basically that we want to parent on purpose, not accidentally. I've been thinking about that lately how I want to continue to remind myself to do that. Children don't just become smart, well-adjusted, talented, and contributing members of society without some intentional instruction and example. Sometimes I get caught up on my "to-do" lists for the day and don't do a whole lot of intentional things with my kids. It just ends up being "go do this or that while I take care of what I need to do". So I'm going to be better about that.


DOCTOR VISIT: This morning we went to the doctor at 9:35 and didn't walk out of there until 11:00!! The waiting room was still jam packed when we left. I just can't believe they make us sit there for hours, stab my precious little girl in the leg and make her scream, and then I pay them for it! Something's not right. However, Brynlee is weighing in at 9 pounds, 2 ounces (50%) is 22 inches long (75-90%) and has a 14 inch head (10%). She's looking great.

BIGGEST LOSER: Last week Kenny and I started a biggest loser competition because we both need to make some changes and get back in shape. We don't eat after 7 or 7:30 at night, we have seriously cut back on sweets/junk food, we work out every day (except Sundays of course) and weigh-ins are on Saturday. Kenny is cutting back on his calories, but I'm not because I'm still nursing obviously, so I am just making better choices about my food. Also, I'm not hardcore working out either. I'm still only 4 wks. post partum so I just walk and I do a Yoga/Pilates workout movie at home when the kids are sleeping. It's awesome. After I had Tyler it took me forever to lose the weight (not to mention I had a drop-foot...won't even go there) so this time I'm feeling much better about myself and everything. I am still 9 pounds away from where I was when I got pregnant, but that's ok. It just feels good to be active and doing something.


3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

My 3rd wardrobe consisted of Mike's shirts for a while...sounds like you're doing great though, being only 9 lbs. away at only 4 weeks after....you look great.

Carly said...

Linds-
I get good black and whites in photoshop. I NEVER NEVER never shoot in b/w.
Ew.

You should enter my giveaway for the free photoshop lesson on my photog blog! :) haha
It's hard to explain over email, but basically a good way to get a good b/w is with a 'gradient map' with black foreground, white background, and then boost contrast.

thepioneerwoman.com has a pretty good black and white action, too, you can find the actions on her site, and a TON of helpful photog info. she's great especially for getting to know your camera and what you can do in photoshop. :)

how's that sweet baby girl?!

carly
PS I tried to email that to you and it got returned...?? email me! :) carlycarlson@gmail.com love ya!

Carly said...

um... i'm an idiot. i'll post a better answer to your q on the photog blog hahahaha :)