Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fact:

I did not know the real words to the song "I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills..." (you know which song I'm talking about?) until I was probably in high school. Here is the version we were taught when I was a wee little girl. All you Andersen cousins know this one, sing with me now!

I love the dishes
I love the pots and pans
I love the silverware
I love dish-water hands
I love to do them all after every meal

Kitchen duty, kitchen duty
Kitchen duty, kitchen duty...

Can we say BRAINWASHING?!! And at such a young and tender age, too. I still have more than humiliating memories of my 5th grade year at Horne Elementary school talent show, here in Houston. My mom made us all wear our matching dresses (which was totally not cool anymore, come on I was in 5th grade!) and we got on the stage and sang that blasted song in a round holding pots/pans/kitchen towels/wearing rubber gloves, etc. It was even more awful than it sounds. What a horrible thing to do to a child. :)

1 comment:

Charity said...

YES yes thats a classic song. I'm sorry about the humiliation- just remember not to do it to your kids! Brynlee(sp?) is sooo cute. I love your dramatic pics. And about nursing- its so funny that you were saying you can't wait till you can feed her cereal- just a few hrs ago I was feeding Miriam some cereal and thinking I wish she just nursed-this takes longer and is much messier than nursing!