Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

Even though I will sometimes get frustrated and complain about not having anything to do, I am trying to let myself enjoy it because the next few weeks are going to be quite the whirlwind. This week I've been able to do things I NEVER get to do, and I should be totally loving it. I bought a book at Target, Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos, and it was really good except for the swear words she'd throw in there. I go swimming and sit in the hot tub while reading my book, with Brynlee sleeping soundly in her car seat on the side of the pool. I get to have Kenny (almost) all to myself after work and we go out to eat too! I never have to cook or clean; heck I haven't even made the bed once! thank you room service. I get a yummy continental breakfast every morning, and I get to take a nap every day if I so desire. I can watch TV, do online shopping or rather, browsing. I get to just sit there as long as I want to with Brynlee, just soaking up her presence. This is sort of embarrassing, but this morning I was just holding her, and talking to her, and she was just so interactive and smiley, and then I started to cry. I just felt so much of heaven, and peace, and joy and everything good was just shining right through her eyes and it really touched me. I love this little girl so much, and it's been nice to have time to just sit and enjoy only her, like I was able to do with Tyler when he was a baby. So this is the calm week.

Allow me to forecast the storm: Tomorrow I fly home and pick up Tyler as fast as I can drive there. Oh it will be so good to see him and scoop him up in my arms again. Then I will spend the next week packing like crazy. Kenny will fly home Friday night after work. Saturday we will load up a U-Haul with all of our stuff and leave that night. We're going to try and drive through the night so that it's easier on the kids, but really I don't know how much of a difference it will make. We'll have to stop every time I need to feed her since we'll both be driving...hopefully it will go smoothly. I spend the next few days un-packing as quickly as possible because on Wednesday after Kenny gets off work, we begin the 20 hour drive to Utah. Again, driving through the night. My brother Jeff goes through the temple Thursday a.m., Kim's wedding reception is that night, and her wedding Friday morning. Kenny will fly back to Illinois for the next week of work. I will drive myself wherever I please, with the children for that week. Probably visiting Rexburg, Rockland, and other friends/family in Utah. Kenny will fly back Thursday night, or Friday morning in time for his sister's wedding at 12:45 on Fri. We'll go to their open house that night. Saturday we start the drive back to Illinois where we will finish unpacking, getting settled, and trying to adjust to our new lives there. Whew! I'm already sick of travelling just thinking about it! How nice that everything just hit us all in a matter of 2 weeks :).

4 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

don't worry I cry like that too just basking in my son's presence....good luck with everything

Elise said...

Wow that sounds like craziness! Good luck with everything! I'm sad I can't be there for Kim's wedding...

Charity said...

I love the title of the post its VERY fitting. How great to be able to have such a nice rest/vaction. Sounds like things are going to be crazy- but a good crazy cause those are all wonderful and exciting events in your life :)(I love Kims announcement- wish we could be there!)

Caitlin said...

that's a lot of traveling! my sister is getting married on friday in utah, too! have fun seeing family. you'll love it!