Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 4 and Blessing

Saturday, April 4th: This was quite the eventful day. It started off like a regular Saturday. I made bread, I cut Kenny and Tyler's hair, I made choc. chip cookies, and we were watching/listening to conference online. Then Tyler tripped and fell, hitting the coffee table and bit through his bottom lip. Kenny and Scott took him to the ER because it looked bad and was bleeding a lot, and I didn't feel good about just sticking a bandaid on it. They put that skin glue stuff on it, gave him a couple popsicles and stickers, and sent him home. I gave him some motrin for the pain, and put him down for a nice long nap. Poor kid is so tough!




We spent the afternoon decorating easter eggs (since Kenny will be gone for Easter), helping Kenny pack and get ready to go, and watching conference.








At 6:40 we met at the church (20 min. before the priesthood session of conference) for Brynlee's blessing. It was sort of a last minute thing since we just found out we're moving, and so Kenny won't be here for any more Sundays, so we just called the bishopric and set it up. It worked out nicely though, since that's what Kenny's parents wanted to come for originally. It was done in the Bishop's office and it was so beautiful. The spirit was strong and I felt so grateful for my wonderful husband, and my dad, and his dad, and how all of these men are such worthy priesthood holders. The dress I made for her, and it was still a little big for her. But she was beautiful anyway.










A few minutes after the blessing, we had to say good-bye to Kenny. Who knows next time I'll see him. Possibly, a whole month. I miss him terribly already. I feel so Kenny-deprived. He was gone to New Mexico, then his parents were here the whole time (which means Tyler slept in between us, so all 4 of us in one big happy room) and now he's gone for a few weeks. His phone doesn't have reception there either (we will be switching phone plans soon) so I have to wait till he's back at his hotel after work. I think I depend on him too much, and I'm so used to being able to call him at any time of his work day, and most of the time he can answer. So anyway, it'll be a tough few weeks, but we'll be fine. It will be a growing experience, that's for sure. Now on to packing up everything in our house...

3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

such cute pictures....she's getting so big! Good luck being with out Kenny...I was gone with out Mike for 2 weeks...the longest we've ever done.

Caitlin said...

brynlee looked beautiful! i hope the time FLIES by for you guys. it's hard to be apart! good luck!
and i hope tyler's mouth isn't bothering him too much! he's so brave!

Kellen and Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.