Thursday, April 9, 2009

Carpet Stains

I think our carpet used to be white. We've only been in this apartment for 3 months, but from the looks of the carpet you'd think we have lived here for years. With 2 dogs, 3 cats and 5 toddlers. But no, it's just us 4.

Everyone's got different talents. Like my sister-in-law, Shariane, one of her talents is just knowing homemaking tricks. Like the one time I went over to her house and she was putting brown paper bags on her floor and ironing over them. Why? Because she had spilled hot candle wax. Who just knows to do that? She gets it from her mom, my mother-in-law. When she was here she proved her skills over and over again. Like when Tyler's cut started bleeding again and he got it on his white, church shirt. Without hesitating, she pulled out a baby wipe and got rid of any trace of blood. And when we were dying easter eggs, and the dye started to stain our counter tops, she simply got out the baking soda and sprinkled it around. She dabbed her finger in water, rubbed that bs around and poof! Counter tops back to normal again. I admire people like that. Where was I? Oh yes, carpet stains.

I put in our 30 day notice for our apt. yesterday. That means we have to be out by May 8th! I am getting more stressed about our carpet stains as it gets nearer to our closing date. We bought some 409, but really it hasn't made any sort of a difference. I just know they'll use our deposit money to have the carpets cleaned...or replaced. Never again will we have so much carpet, especially white carpet.

6 comments:

kate said...

you should try oxy clean- it does wonders! At least it does on my laundry and I'm sure they have something for carpet, just an idea to look into :).

Shalean said...

That was my advice...normal oxi clean has directions on cleaning carpet and I have gotten wonders out with that stuff! Good luck!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I hope I can remember tips like that....sorry I'm no help

Charisa and Trent said...

I hate that. But it just so happens I know a great place where you can find some products to help you out. :o)

Sha nay nay said...

You can also use a mix of half luke warm water one half distilled white vinegar. Pour it on, scrub a bit and then put a damp towel over top and step on it to soak it up. Even Ty can help with that! It works great in a car too!

Brooke said...

Chase and I thought the very same thing when we lived in that complex and it was just the 2 of us. I think that the carpet is just really cheap. I thought we would lose all of our deposit because it looked so bad, but I did what I could and then they had a professional come in and do an even better job. I think we did lose some money, but it was only like $15-20. So no worries.