Sunday, November 8, 2009

70's is where it's at

I cannot believe the gorgeous weather we've had this weekend. It warmed right up and has been in the 70's and sunny and oh so nice. A beautiful few days to hold onto as we head into winter soon. We took advantage of it and spent a lot of time outside. Yesterday, after a picnic in our backyard, Kenny and I played a few competitive rounds of Bocce ball while the kids took an afternoon nap and it felt like a date! It was so much fun. Yesterday was actually a really good day. the whole thing was so fun. We got a lot of cleaning and work done, and we both got a good workout in at the gym, and all had fun together too. It was especially nice to have our sweet Brynlee back after a rough week of being sick.

Last Sunday she started to get a fever. A couple days later I took her into the doctor because I couldn't get her fever to break and it was at about 102. She didn't have any other symptoms, just this weird fever. They swabbed her to test for swine flu...negative. Then they told me it might be a urinary tract infection and needed to test her urine. So we went home with a pee bag after an unsuccessful catheter (sp?) attempt and took it in the next day. Her fever started to leave, but she got a weird rash and was still really fussy, and jsut cried for waht seemed like no reason all the time. So I knew she wasn't feeling well. Anyway, the Doctor called me a few days later and told me that her urine tested positively for a UTI and we started her on an antibiotic a few hours later. The next day I noticed a dramatic difference and she's been doing great ever since. I love having her back to normal during the day, and at night. We both need our sleep.

Does anybody know how I can fix my blog? For some reason it says I haven't updated it in a few weeks on everyone else's list thing. When I read other people's blogs and they have the lists to the side of who updated and when, mine is still like 2 weeks behind and I don't know what I did to ruin it. Any ideas of how to fix that??

2 comments:

The Atwood Family said...

the same thing happened to us, and we figured out that if you add yourself to your list of people you follow with a /? at the end, it will work. So we had to add ourselves as rachandblake@gmail.com/?

if that doesn't work, try it without the slash. Good Luck!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Glad she's feeling better. UTIs are no fun. Yeah I wondering about your blog not showing as updated...I wish I knew how to help.