Thursday, November 19, 2009

a picture-story about my double chin

A few weeks ago, it was Sunday evening and we were just kind of lounging around in a somewhat cluttered home. Tyler wanted to take pictures (not an uncommon request) so Kenny was helping him hold the camera so he could start snapping. He really is so cute to watch take pictures. Brynlee and I happened to be across from them on the opposite couch, so we were the lucky subjects.

At first I ignored them...

Then I pretended like I was asleep in hopes they would choose something else to take a picture of.


But they didn't stop, so instead I started being a weirdo for the camera, to keep it interesting, you know...


Then I gave them some good ol-fashioned smiles...


After several shots (way more then I'm showing you) Kenny takes the camera from Tyler who is no longer interested and keeps taking pictures. Then he says to me, "maybe you should try pushing your tongue up to the top of your mouth or something." I have no idea what any of these pics look like at this point, we're just messing around. But I realize he's talking about my double chin that has probably become the dominant feature in all of these pictures.
Was I offended?

No. instead I started busting up laughing.

I couldn't stop laughing...


For a long time...

Then I tried to stretch my neck as long as it would go to get rid of it...


Then I told him to kiss this...haha


I still have a double chin, but I've realized that it's something that's a part of me (an unfortunately large part of me). Of course it's worse now, but even back when I was really skinny, I still had one. So I say whatever! Long live my double chin!!

7 comments:

Barnes Family said...

hahah that is hilarious! and by the way...i didn't even notice a double chin. funny story!

Caitlin said...

hahaha! too funny. and i didn't notice your double chin either!

Cam said...

I think it's an Andersen curse, brought on by our love of ice cream. I call our double chins food storage!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

you're awesome! =D

Tina Braegger said...

haha that is hilarious! And you do not have a double chin! :)

Carly said...

lindsay i love you!!! you are so hilarious. i can't believe i missed this post- what the heck. :P so funny.
hope you guys had an awesome thanksgiving!! :)

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Oh Linds you are fantastic!! I have never ever noticed any double chin.. so I wouldn't worry about it :) I can't believe I didn't call you while you were here!! Curse of moving I guess.