Monday, November 2, 2009

The Fuzzy Caterpillar Plague

I don't know the technical name for these things, but we just call them fuzzy caterpillars. They are everywhere. It's like a plague of them. They are somewhat overlapping with the ladybug plague we are still trying to pull out of. Red lady bugs come flying and dropping in the door whenever you open it and they're just all over the place. Now it's these fuzzy caterpillars. When we go on walks our main activity is finding and watching these fuzzy guys. Ty loves them. He has classified them into two categories: smashed and not smashed. Because while some are still crawling around, it seems there are even more of them with their guts strewn across the roads. I'm not a big fan of them, but the other day (on Halloween actually) Kenny and Ty were holding them and rubbing them on their cheeks. Such boys.


5 comments:

Barnes Family said...

You know, I'll take ladybugs and fuzzy caterpillars anyday over the earwigs I keep finding in my house!! GROSS!

Will said...

be careful, some of those are actually poisonous but luckily, most of them are not. my mom got stung by one once (bad luck) and had a bad skin reaction to it.

Caitlin said...

ew, ew, ew!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Oh I bet Ty loves 'em. Better than spiders I suppose :)

Tina Braegger said...

cute pictures!! And I have to tell you I made your chicken pot pie and it was so YUMMY! Tyrell ate the whole thing in one day! :)
As for now we have been trying to hard to move Rexburg just is not for us anymore..we are graduated and ready to go somewhere else BUT Ty didnt apply to grad school this year bec he didnt want to waste money trying to get in because he didnt think he would get accepted to ISU so he is waiting a year. so we are stuck in rexbug bec it is cheaper for us to live here and work at least until April. We both like Boise so we may make a move there..depend where I get a teaching job. As soon as I find where I get a job we will move, so one day! I am sad I have to work but it will really help Ty get through grad school so oh well. Sorry for the long story :)
But we are doing well. I will def let you know what is happening when we know. I wish we could live by you guys..I need a girl to talk to and Liv needs some kids to play with :)
I am so glad kenny likes his job and everything is going so well for you guys. That is so awesome! I hope one day we can be in the same boat! Well thanks for the message! keep in touch. Your kids are just so adorable! I miss Tyler running away from Tyrell and making us laugh..what a cute kid!