Friday, December 3, 2010

I'm Still Here

Well I know I've been a bad blogger, and I wish I could say it's because I have a new baby to tend to. But that is not the case. I am still here, as large as can be, waiting anxiously for the arrival of this little one. This past Tuesday at my appt. they declared me dilated to a 2, which is better than nothing. But let me share with you why I'm secretly glad she has waited to come. For the last 2-3 weeks, we have all been feeling c-r-a-p-p-y. Lots of coughing and headaches and coughing and throat aches and coughing. First the kids, then Kenny and I inevitably got it. (I pray we didn't spread it to anyone else.) I kept putting off taking anyone into the doctor because I hate paying a doctor to tell me that we all have a bad case of the common cold. I just assumed they would say to let it run its course and it would go. But the time for it to go came and went, and we were all still sick. I had been praying so hard every day for us to all be miraculously healed so that we could be healthy when this baby joins our family. What a stinky deal for us to all be sick when she got here! I had been re-reading that talk on faith from General Conference and it got me really wondering afterward. I was sure I had enough faith for us to be healed. So why had it been so long and we're all still sick? The next morning I woke up around 4:00 and wasn't really able to fall back asleep (not being able to sleep=another fun daily occurrence). But I had a revelation during that time--GO TO THE DOCTOR. It was pretty simple. I suppose you can call what I was doing, faith without works :). So that morning as soon as the offices opened up I was on the phone making appointments, and demanding that Kenny do the same. By the end of the day we all had a diagnosis of sinus infections, and a good dose of antibiotics to get rid of them. Hallelujah!! Modern medicine is the miracle I was neglecting to partake of. But don't worry, we're all feeling much better now and just waiting. And waiting. And I seriously just can't wait to see her and hold her in my arms, and mostly just get her out of my stomach. It's pretty much all I think about.

If only we could agree on a name...

p.s. If any of you are missing your chin, just wait a few weeks. I hope to return all of the extra chins I've accumulated shortly after she's born.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

i'm sorry you're still pregnant!

but what a tender mercy not to have her come while you are sick! i'm glad you all went to the doctor are are doing better.

i hope your little one makes her appearance soon. we're excited to see pictures!