Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Never mind

Yesterday I decided I was going to go ahead with the whole potty-training thing. I felt like I was the one holding Brynlee back before, and that since we are stuck at home anyways I might as well take advantage of the opportunity.

So I started the day off putting her in a pull-up and talking to her about it. We sat on the potty several times that morning and she wouldn't go. After her nap I decided to put her in underwear so that if she went in her panties once, she might get it. It didn't take long before she peed on the floor, but it was on the hard wood floor so easy clean up. No big deal, we sat on the potty again and cleaned it up and talked about NOT going in our panties, just the big girl potty.

Not too long later, she pooped in her underwear. It wasn't a lot, so I quickly changed her and we once again sat on the potty for a while and talked about it some more.

Not even 5 minutes later she comes out of her room screaming with poop all over her hand and down her legs, and leaving a trail behind her on the floor. I ran her into the bathroom and cleaned her and the floor up, and stuck her in the tub. While I'm doing that Tyler walks in his room and informs me that, "there's poop on the chair, and on the floor." Well that was an understatement. It was EVERYWHERE!! Smeared into the carpet, a whole trail out to the door. I don't know how she did it, and so quickly too. So it took a long time and a lot of scrubbing and cleaning for that one. Madi was awake by the end screaming, wanting to eat, while I tried to hurry and finish cleaning up and get Bryn out of the tub. Yeah...I've had better days.

I called Kenny at work to complain and look for a little sympathy, but he couldn't stop laughing!! Thankfully by the end of the phone call he had me laughing too. And I requested he pick something up for dinner on the way home. :) At least he had a head's up for when he came home to a house that reeked of feces and oxy clean.

So never mind on the whole potty-training thing. I think we'll wait till next year to try again.

1 comment:

Cam said...

Poor Linds! I'm sorry yesterday was a poopy day. Ha- literally. :)