Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome January!

I can't believe it's already 2012! Wow. Let's see for a little catch up...
New Year's Eve we went out to eat at a yummy Chinese restaurant (Vieng's Asian Bistro in Crocker Park) with our friends James and Natalie Palmer. It was so much fun to get out and go on a double date with them. Emma babysat for us again, and we told her the kids could stay up till we got home. Unfortunately dinner took for-eeeee-ver. So by the time I got back from taking Emma home they didn't get to bed till 11 p.m.!! Yikes that's a record for sure. Church came bright and early at 9 a.m. the next morning. I stayed home with Madison because she had been running a fever all night...again. This girl is cutting one molar after the other and I swear it's going to kill me! Kenny got a stomach bug on Christmas, a few days later I caught it, and I'm still not fully over it. Nothing like a good purging cleanse for the new year right? So we're hoping for some sleep in the next few days...but I'm not holding my breath. I think madi's officially confused as to which bed is really hers now. Her most favorite spot is nestled right in between her mom and dad. It's not my favorite spot for her, that's for sure.

It's been snowing a lot the last few days and the kids are sure enjoying it :).

Below: Brynlee is so excited that "her sister" is out with her in the snow. For some reason she never refers to her as Madison, or Madi. It's always "my sister". It's so cute.







Kenny had work off yesterday and it was a nice little family day. We had fun just playing, a little cleaning, and drinking hot chocolate. Below: Kenny set up some new targets for Tyler's Nerf gun other than his mom and sisters :).


Our family theme for this year is taken from Pres. Monson's first presidency message from this month. We are going to CHOOSE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. It was really sweet when we were talking about it last night during FHE. I realized that my children are such good examples of this. They really help me to see things in a better light, and they are just so naturally happy and full of light. I'm so grateful I have them.

No comments: