Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Brynlee--February 9th

On Thursday, Brynlee turned 3 years old!!! She was so cute about the whole thing. She had come into bed with us during the night so when she woke up, I turned to her and said, "Good morning Brynlee! Happy Birthday!" She got so excited and said, "right now? It's my birthday right now?!" We had been talking for days about their upcoming birthdays, so she couldn't believe it had actually come. She also kept calling it her "pink birthday". This girl would be happy with anything as long as it was pink. So we blew up lots of pink balloons and got some pink plates and a pink (and purple) cake with pink candles. She loved it. To save ourselves from having another boring day we went and found an indoor play place called Arctic Playgroundz. We stayed there for a few hours and the kids had lots of fun running around, climbing, and playing with other kids. We had lunch there, too. She picked out her gift--a big strawberry shortcake doll. She also got some fun gifts from her grandparents. We love grandpas and grandmas and their generosity :). Pictures are on my other camera. But we sure love our big Brynlee girl and we're so glad she's part of our family. One thing about Brynlee is that she just has such a big heart. She has so much love to give, and she gives it so freely. Kenny and I love how she will just come over randomly and give us hugs or want to be held for a little bit. She's always saying, "I just love you so much, Mom. And I love you so much, Dad. And I love Tyler and Madi. I'm just so happy and I love our whole family." She has the cutest little voice, deeper than most little girls. A little more raspy like mine when I was young (or maybe still). She loves to sing, dress-up, get her nails painted, brush hair, and often requests that we call her "princess". She has an iron will and more of an independent spirit than I think I can handle sometimes, but she teaches me a lot. We love her curly hair and infectious smile. I am so thankful I get to be her mom, Brynlee is one special little girl.





Even the sky gave her a pink sunset for her "pink birthday"

No comments: