Friday, February 10, 2012

Snow

We really don't have too much to report. (Aside from Bryn's birthday which was yesterday...but that's its own post for later.) We stay inside pretty much all day, with hardly anything to do, and the tv is on a lot. But we're happy and making it through. Kenny has the car during the day, unless we get the kids up super early (like 6) to take him to work so we can have it. Or one day this week Kenny came home at lunch and we turned around and dropped him back off at work so we could have the car. But it really throws off dinner when we have to go pick him up right during that time, so any way it's pretty annoying. BUT the good news is I am overcoming my fear of driving here. I thought it would take several weeks or months, but I'm getting used to it. I even went to the store by myself with the kids the other day, pushing that dang shopping cart full of groceries in the snow-packed/ice-ridden parking lot by myself and everything. I felt very accomplished that day. We are looking and looking for a house to live in, and I would love if we could move in the first of March, instead of April. Who cares if the baby is born the same week? I would love to have our own stuff back and have a little bit more space. Here's a few pictures from one day this week when we played outside for a little bit. It takes forever to put everyone's snow stuff on, and then after about 7 minutes they are ready to come back inside. But fresh air is always good, even if for a few minutes, right? I apologize for the poor quality, but using my phone is the only way I can put pictures on here.

Notice how tall the snow is behind them! They are standing on the driveway and the snow is where the front yard is supposed to be.

 Tyler's face of delight right after he threw snow at me :)
 Somebody's coat needs a good washing...
 Can this little munchkin get any cuter?? I think not.
I started to stop them from eating the snow then realized that I would be depriving them of their very childhood :). Kids always eat snow, that's just the way it is. So I taught them to only eat white snow, instead.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Wow--that is a LOT of snow!

You are such a trooper, Linds. Your flight sounded so miserable and I know just how you feel wanting to throw the kids in the snow :). I hope you get settled soon!