Sunday, April 29, 2012

6 yr. Anniversary!


6 years ago today, on a beautiful spring day, Kenny and I were sealed for time and all eternity in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple in American Fork, UT. We were super young, and probably a little crazy, but too in love to care. All of our family members were there, and the tulips were in full bloom...it was perfect. Since then we have graduated from college, had 4 beautiful children, and lived in 6 different states!! It's been quite a ride.

This year, it started off pretty tough and kept getting harder for a while. Kenny was gone the whole month of January, and I was very pregnant with 3 little ones. February moved us to Alaska and had a baby, which was an insane time. We're farther from family than we've ever been, and it's been a lot slower getting to know people this time, so we've felt a lot more alone. Kenny's also had a more intense work schedule, and works a lot of overtime. But I've been grateful for the trials because it's also brought us closer together. We had absolutley no one else to turn to, but each other and the Lord. Kenny has been my rock and really helped me get through the last 4 months, that have been some of the hardest in my life. He puts up with my hormonal mood swings, listens to me when I cry at night about my insecurities and fears, my loneliness and doubts. He has kept me afloat when I feel like I am drowning, and helps out at home when I just plain run out of energy and motivation. He teaches me what pure love really is, and I'm so grateful that he's mine, and I'm his. Forever.

We were able to celebrate a little and actually went on a date (with Kelsey) yesterday. We went to see the movie The Hunger Games, which I've been waiting to see for so long! It was worth the wait--it's so good! We both had read the books so it was fun, minus the fact that one of us was out or off to the side with Kelsey 70% of the time. We got some dinner at Qdoba (wanted Olive Garden but the wait was an hour and a half!) then headed back home. It was fun to get out, even if we did have to bring our baby.

Other fun things that happened this week...
Kenny got these two little kits for him to build with Ty and Bryn. They're like miniature greenhouse boxes for the kids. Ty really loved the hammering and it was right up his alley. Bryn had fun, but she is younger so struggled more with hitting the actual nails. It was cute to watch them.


Also, on Friday night I went out to eat at an Asian restaurant called Ling and Louie's. It was my second cousin Carmin's birthday. After dinner all the girls came back over here to my house and we had cake and watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. That movie brought back so many good memories. My sisters and I watched that movie a lot growing up and I'd forgotten how much I love it!

2 comments:

Cam said...

Happy Anniversary Linds and Kenny! You two are so amazing- thanks for your great example.

McCaye said...

Happy Ann'y! I don't know if you remember this but when you and Kenny got engaged you called me (I was at BYU Hawaii) to tell me the news and it made me feel so good. I got back just in time for all your wedding festivities and thought it was all so great. Anyway, I know we live at opposite ends of the country and rarely get to see each other, but I think you are really great. :) love ya.