Monday, April 30, 2012

Kelsey - 2 months


Our sweet little Kelsey is 2 months old! She is so much fun and makes us all laugh with her cute little smile. I love how she does a half-laugh and makes such cute coos. Today was her 2 mo. appt. and she is looking great! She weighs 11 pounds 5.4 ounces and she's 22.75 inches tall. I'm so grateful for healthy children.

When I had Madison, everybody told me that three kids is definitley the hardest. But four has proven to be even harder for me. Kelsey's even a pretty good baby, but juggling all four is a daily challenge. Especially because Madi has had such a hard time adjusting. But I look back at where we were, and I feel glad because I can see improvement. I couldn't bring myself to post these pictures until now...maybe because of the emotions it pulls out of me. But it helps to remind me that things are getting better.

This was the night Kelsey was born, when all the kids came in to meet her. No one else was in there to take a picture for us, so that's why Kenny is behind the camera. I really wanted a picture of all the kids with me, since we've always done that on the hospital bed in the past. It didn't work out so well, though. As you can see, I'm physically holding Madi off with one arm (I had pretty much zero strength left since I just had a baby and all) because she was trying to lunge at the baby. She was so curious and interested and wanted to poke her eyes. This was as good of a smile as I could force.

 

Hi, I just gave birth a few minutes ago. You can't see Kelsey but she's wrapped up in that blanket next to me.
I've said several times over the last two months that time is our friend. I really think things get a little better every week, which is another good reason to keep forging on.

2 comments:

The Walkers said...

You look incredible for just having given birth! You are such a trooper with four children. It helps that they are so cute! But really, what an incredible sacrifice every day for your family- you are an inspiration! Congrats on the new little one. I love being able to keep up with your cute family.

Charity said...

I really feel like I connect with you, like we are often feeling the same things with these mothering experiences- and I'm quite nervous for my 4th. You are an inspiration to me. I love the anniversary post, you are so sweet. That poem a mothers prayer is perfect- I need to memorize it. Someday we should live close to each other- my kids often look at your blog with me and think of your cute kids as their friends.