Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kelsey 6 wks.

 Look who turned 6 weeks old yesterday!



 I really love this picture because this is going on a lot during the day. Brynlee loves to just stare at her, and I don't think Kelsey minds a bit. Truth be told, she smiles at Bryn probably more than anyone else. I love her goofy smile, especially when she goes cross-eyed at the same time. If only we could catch it on camera.

I really, really love newborns. I love everything about them: how small they are, how their little bum fits in my hand, the noises they make, their clenched fists, and when they stretch they arch their backs and stick their bums out and bring their arms up--you know the one? I love their yawns, their soft skin, baby smell and cuddly blankets. I love that they will just be held 24 hours a day and their little heads fit right in the crook of your neck. I love their purity and innocence, how they bring such a sweet spirit into a home. There's nothing sweeter than a new baby. I feel like 6 weeks means she's not a newborn anymore, now she's grown into a baby. It's bittersweet. Here's to hoping that means more sleep for the both of us :)!

2 comments:

Elise said...

I love newborns too! Can't wait till mine gets here...two more weeks :)

Terra said...

LOVE the family picture on the bed!!! Miss you guys a bunch but am glad you are getting settled there.