Friday, April 6, 2012

Making Up

I realize my last post was pretty lame with no pictures. So this post will make up for that. Tonight we went on a family walk because it was warm-ish (like 43 degrees maybe?) Just for in the future when we look back at these, my children should know that they have their father to thank for setting them up on high snow banks, tossing them into open fields of snow, and even throwing it down their pants haha (ask Tyler about that one).




 See what I mean about our roads starting to melt? I saw a piece of the sidewalk today. We were wondering if there was a sidewalk and there is, so I'm excited!

This was our trip to Costco the other night. One cart for children, the other for groceries. That's how we roll.

Tyler at soccer a couple weeks ago. Are you wondering where he is? Well just look for the ONLY kid wearing yellow, not the proper red uniform. He also didn't have on his soccer socks or shin guards...and we were 15 minutes late. I know, talk about on-the-ball parenting. Don't worry, it was only once, and they still let him play.

So we haven't really been doing Ty's preschool curriculum since we moved here. BUT I do make sure that we read every day, and that Ty does some writing of some kind. I usually just make up something fun for him to do, so it's not like some regimented part of our day. He likes to write letters to his uncle Tim, grandparents, and cousins.
Today I finally got around to cleaning my bathrooms and had him make some signs to tape on the door after it was mopped. He felt so important, and I think it's the cutest thing in the world to see how he sounds words out. The sign below says "Warning wet floor do not wok (walk), then a picture of the ocean (as he informed me) with the word Wodr (water). He often adds in these signs / or \ when he wants to clarify that there's a space in between his words. Or sometimes he'll do a random shape like the triangle in between wet and floor. He is also into arrows. I love that he will sit and draw and write things on his pictures for hours.

This one says "Bewer in the bathrom wet on the flowr"

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love Ty's signs!! That's so great.