Monday, May 28, 2012

Grandpa and Grandma A Visit part 2

Monday, May 21st. Kenny wasn't able to get work off, but we had a fun day anyway. In the morning, we went to the Anchorage Zoo. I thought it really wasn't a very impressive zoo, but we still enjoyed it.



My dad left that night because he had to get back to work. We were sad to see him go so soon. I was so grateful that they had made the sacrifice to come even though it was only for a short time. It meant so much to me. I had really, really missed my parents and we hadn't seen them since last June. My mom was able to stay for the rest of the week and holy cow it was helpful! I didn't realize how badly I needed her here. If ever there was a woman who could get a lot done during the day, it's my mom. We were able to get SOO much checked off my to-do list. A lot of organizational/decorating/house stuff that is just hard to do with 4 little needy kids. It was just so nice to have someone that I didn't have to ask to do specific things, we both just know what needs to be done and do it.

A few more random pictures from the week. Tyler was coloring on my dry-erase board and sounded out the words, "what the heck". :) Not sure why he wrote that phrase, but it was pretty funny.


Madi was so worn out from all the fun she just fell asleep during dinner. Okay, it wasn't just from having fun, it also had something to do with the fact that she has been a horrible sleeper for the last month or so. She just flipped a switch and won't go to bed, she won't stay asleep, and she won't even sleep in her bed. It's a party every night around here.

My mom brought them all new pajamas. I'm a sucker for my girls all matching--I think it's so dang cute. I had to add this shot because it's so typical, Brynlee pouting and Madi crying. Awesome.

Friday night Kenny and I went and saw the movie The Avengers without any kids and it was so dang cool! We had a great time. The next morning we went to the temple and did a session together! We haven't done that in a long time, because we've had to take turns going. It was really nice.

Saturday we went to a fun nature trail thing by the bay and went on a long walk. It's also by the airport, and the trail runs right after the end of the runway, so the airplanes are super close and low over our heads. It was pretty fun to watch them.

We heard some weird noises and turned around to see these two bald eagles on the power lines. It was awesome! Did you know that when they are diving straight down they can reach speeds of up to 200 mph? That is fast!


Awkward family picture?? Yes. But still kind of cute.
That night we had to say goodbye to my mom. We were sad to see her go, but so glad that she made the long trip out here. Come back again soon!!

1 comment:

The Walkers said...

Your little family is so darling! Fun that your parents got to come visit :) I still basically think you are super woman, but it's nice to know that other moms struggle with the same thing as I do! Crew has been an awful sleeper for the last few weeks as well and I have no idea what to do about it!