Sunday, May 27, 2012

Kelsey's Blessing Day

 Sunday, May 20, 2012 was Kelsey's blessing day. My parents had bought their plane tickets back in April so we weren't aware at the time that Stake Conference would be May 20th as well. So after stake conference we came home and had lunch, then the bishop came over to our house. It ended up being really nice and easy to do it at our home--I loved it. It was just the three men, Bishop Smith, my dad (Grandpa Andersen) and of course her father. Using the power of the priesthood, they held her in their arms and Kenny gave her a beautiful blessing. It was so sweet. She didn't cry at all, but instead was looking up at her daddy and smiling and talking to him. I wish I would have written down some of the things he said, but all I can remember now is that he blessed her to know how much she is loved by her Heavenly Father and her family, and that she'll have charity. Kelsey Colleen is such a sweet girl and the perfect addition to our family. We love you Kels!



She wore the same blessing dress that Brynlee wore. I made it myself :)

3 generations: my mom, Colleen Andersen (Kelsey's namesake), me and Kelsey



No comments: