Monday, May 7, 2012

This week

It's been a nice, relaxing Sunday. I'm sitting here with Kelsey waiting for her to fall asleep. But she never goes to bed before 11:45 p.m., so we just hang out together. The other night I had this cool experience with her where I was looking at her and my eyes somehow focused weird and her face was bigger, and it's all I could see. At the same time, I had this thought hit me that we are equals, spiritually. That here on earth I am her mother, but that our spirits knew each other before we came to this earth and we are first and foremost, both Heavenly Father's children. Her spirit could be just as old, or even older than mine. I know that was a horrible and weird explanation, but it's hard to put into words. It was just this cool moment where I felt like our souls were connecting...as cheesy as that sounds.

This was a good week. I am getting better at going places with all the kids, by myself. We went to the library one day, the park one day, and the gymnastics place for open gym another day. I put Kelsey in the baby bjorn carrier my sister steph gave me (thank you!!) and it saves my life. No more lugging around a car seat or pushing the monstrous double-stroller. I also took them with me to Target and bought two huge shelving units. I assembled them myself and re-arranged/organized the garage over the course of the next two days. I was pretty proud of myself. After a trip to the dump and goodwill, we should finally be able to park both cars in the garage!

The weather has been beautiful and I am so grateful for that. The snow is now completely melted in our backyard! I thought it would never go away. The kids and I have been out there this week removing all the moose poop, raking up the leaves, and trying to fluff up the grass since it's been so packed down. We bought some pots and stuff to plant a few vegetables and some flowers. We'll hopefully get that planted this week and with any luck we may grow a thing or two!

We finished Ty's preschool curriculum this week (or rather declared it finished because he's so beyond those workbooks now that it's annoying for him to have to do it, he's super bored by the simplicity). I was going to wait a little while before we started his Kindergarten stuff, (p.s. I will be homeschooling him--more on that later) but he's so dang excited to dive into it all, and I can't think of a good reason to wait.

Yesterday after Ty's soccer, Kenny took Ty and Bryn to the Alaska Railroad Days open house thing they had going on. They had all these real trains there that you could go in and walk around, they could go on a free train ride (although they didn't because the line was forever long and Bryn didn't have her coat). They came home with some fun maps, pins and balloons, and seemed to have had a great time. We also had the missionaries over for dinner last night and that was fun.

Well I'm sure this post is sufficiently boring so I will end the misery now. Good night!

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Way to be! I'm quite impressed you went all those places :) I still am not quite that adventurous. Are you using the sonlight curriculum?

Charity said...

oops that was Charity

Tina Braegger said...

aww your kids are too cute! Glad your weather is better in Alaska :) And so glad to hear that having 4 kids is not too bad. haha! You are super mom! Happy Anniversary to you guys as well. We sure miss you!

Cam said...

Do you love the baby bjorn? I am thinking of getting one... it's my Mother's Day gift to myself!! :)

I love those sweet newborn moments. Your kiddos are so lucky to have you as their mom! Love you Linds!