Monday, September 10, 2012

1 Year Older And Wiser Too

Saturday, September 8th, was Kenny's 29th Birthday!! I was so glad that his birthday fell on a weekend. We sure loved taking the day to celebrate having this wonderful man in our lives, and at the head of our family. We sure love him!!
On Friday night Kenny and I were able to get a babysitter and go out on a date!! We went to Olive Garden for dinner and went to see the Batman movie. It was really good, even though I closed my eyes for all the intense fighting scenes. I'm a pretty big wuss with violent movies, but it was Kenny's choice and he was very glad we saw it in theatres. :) It's always so nice to get out and spend some time together. I always have a hard time being away from the kids for an extended period of time, but I know it's still important to do it. Kenny and I need that time as just a couple. I think it's probably good for the kids, too. We had 2 babysitters (sisters) so I felt much better about how things were at home. We came home to everyone asleep and a nice, clean house.
 
The actual birthday day:
Breakfast in bed...("and it's happy to see ya!")
 We had a few things scheduled like Tyler's practice for the primary program, and gymnastics for both Tyler and Brynlee (their first day). But other than that we just hung out at home and enjoyed the day together. Kenny's not a huge fan of cake, so we usually do some other dessert. The night before when we were at Olive Garden, we had intended on getting dessert, but we were both SO full that we just couldn't. But Kenny saw some other folks eating these doughnuts dipped in a chocolate sauce and decided that's what he wanted us to make in lieu of a birthday cake! I was a bit hesitant, knowing how long and tedious homemade doughnuts can be. But I found a cheating method online and it was super fast, easy, and delicious! We bought a can of pillsbury biscuit dough, flattened them, cut them into smaller pieces, and fried it up! Then we tossed them in powdered sugar and melted some chocolate chips for the dipping. The kids absolutely loved them!


Presents: some new black church shoes, sweat pants, and the children's game "wack-a-mole". I let the kids pick out a gift for their dad, and that's what Ty decided on. hahaha. It was better than the barbies that Bryn wanted to get him. I love the egocentric view of children, it's so hard for them to think literally about what an adult might want. Tyler was doing a pretty good job actually, but he picked out a lot of other expensive things, so we settled on this. And it's a great gift for daddy to spend time with them!  It's already proved to be a very fun purchase.

I am so grateful for Kenny. I love that he works so hard and provides for us so well so I don't have to work. I know a lot of women that would love to stay home, and I am lucky enough to do that. He always puts his family first and I know he'll drop anything for us if we need him. He is an amazing husband and father. Happy Happy Birthday Daddy Dear!

1 comment:

Cam said...

Happy birthday to Kenny! Looks like y'all had a fun day. Your kids are so cute and funny! I miss them!