Sunday, February 3, 2013

1 Year Mark!

 Today is a big day for me. One year ago today we flew to Alaska and embarked on a crazy adventure. We've come a long way and I'm glad to have the first year under our belts :).
Tonight we went over to our friends, Brigham and Chelsea Moore's house for dinner. They're fun people to be around; the kind that do a lot of good no matter where they go.

We had sort of a big week around here. Monday morning I told Madison to go get dressed. She came out with 2 pairs of panies in her hand. I said, "oh did you want to wear those today?" And she said yes, so I went with it. She's been working on it all week. It's sort of difficult because it only works when we are home, but we can't just cancel everything in life because she's potty training. But she's done pretty well, and made some progress. I had to laugh the other day when she had an accident and didn't get upset. She jsut took off her underwear, put them in my dirty clothes bin and said "well let's try again!" I admire her optimism :). She is sometimes a little sneaky and won't tell me when she has an accident. She just changes her clothes and goes about her day. Until I find pee on the carpet. And we had a #2 on the carpet incident also. But she's doing great and we'll just keep working on it.

 
After 2 horrible nights of screaming and crying and no sleeping, Kelsey finally has a new tooth. She has had a bad cold this week too, and discovered that she has two nice little holes at the bottom of her nose...

But much mor esignificant than nose-picking is the progress she's made in WALKING! She is so cute and I just love that I'm home to catch every little milestone. She recently developed a love of books and loves to be read to, and flip through them herself.
We love our big 11-month old.  Tomorrow starts a big week for our family...3 birthdays in one week!! So we'll update on all the celebrations as they happen :). February is always a big month for us!

5 comments:

Cam said...

Can't believe it's been a year already! And Madi is so cute sittin' on that potty. Way to go Kelsey for walking!! She needs to come back and run around with Millie now!

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDS!!!!!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Hey Happy Birthday Lindsay!! I hope you get spoiled rotten, because you oh so deserve it.

Tina Braegger said...

Happy Birthday today :) gosh, your kids are so cute. I can't believe Kelsey is walking already! So cute! Good luck potty training too. Have fun celebrating this month, can't wait to see all the fun!

Anonymous said...

Nice Fuckable Little Ass

Anonymous said...

I just cam after seeing that first pic