Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Week

 We had a fun, busy week. Ty's birthday on Monday. Tuesday we went over to a friend's house (Rebecca Swift) for a Valentine's party. We had a fun time with them--they will be fairly close neighbors, and in our ward when we move in the summer. Wednesday we went to playgroup in the morning, YW at night. We brought Ty's bike to playgroup and he was able to start riding by himself! Without me holding it steady for him as he started peddling, he just did it! That's big news :). Thursday was Valentine's Day! In the morning we went to gymnastics. After school, lunch, and naps, I made cinnamon rolls and we took them to daddy's work and had a Valentine's treat with him. It was a fun way to break up the afternoon, and the first time we've been in his new building. We didn't go up and see his office (ahem...cubical) because I don't think they are ready for the Weston circus/parade. Friday we had the Moore boys over to play while their parents went to the temple and it dumped snow all day long. Saturday we switched off babysitting with our friends Tim and Christina and took turns going skiing! It was a super fun date. We got there a few minutes before they even opened, which was awesome because we had several runs before we were even sharing the place with other people. Hilltop ski area is a pretty small resort, but it's perfect for me because I had only been skiing one other time in my life. So I was able to get more comfortable before I felt like I was going to run into everybody. We had a great time and loved going just the two of us. We haven't had a date in a while--much too long! After both couples had a few hours, we all went out to dinner together. Then we came home and put the kids to bed early, and I snuck off for the night to a stake dance where I totally got my groove on and danced with the girls :). But the best part was coming home to Kenny and making him dance with me in the living room. So romantic :). I love that man. Today we had the Halcomb's and the Hilbert's over for dinner after church. It was fun to get to know them all better. I just really love people and getting to know new people. There is so much snow everywhere!! Starting to get cabin fever!


Our poor sad flowers the day after valentine's! :)

On the ski lift. I was so dang cold.

The sun was still rising as you can see. It was beautiful and you could see all of Anchorage.
 
My beautiful girlies before church.



No comments: