Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book of Mormon Prop Swap

At the end of last year, I participated in a Book of Mormon prop swap with 3 other ladies. It was not my idea, but I thought it was brilliant and it was so fun to do that I wanted to share the idea. We each decided on two things we would contribute. Then we made 4 of each of them, kept one for ourselves and passed out one to each of the other three families. I made robes and gold plates. But once the robes were made, I realized I still had some leftover fabric that was given to me that I didn't have a use for. So I threw in a head piece and a little coordinating sash. No sewing involved for those parts, just fabric strips. Tyler is modeling it below.

For the gold plates we got some chip board, punched holes in them, and spray painted each gold. Then used some bigger rings to hold them all together. All the stuff can be found at any craft/scrapbooking store.


It's been so fun for the kids to act out scripture stories and really bring them to life! Family home evenings are much more exciting for everyone. Obviously the props are not limited to Book of Mormon stories only. The picture below is from this week, they acted out david and goliath. This was at the end when David (Tyler) defeated Goliath (Daddy). You can see some of the other props we were given. Madison's wearing a crown, Ty and Bryn both have different head pieces, and swords and shields.

Even little Kels likes to get involved :)


2 comments:

Elise said...

What a fun idea! You are always inspiring me do fun things with my kids :).

Charity said...

That is a great idea!