Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

On Monday, Feb. 4th I turned 26 years old!! I decided that I would take a whole day off of cooking and making food. Turned out to be a great decision :). My wonderful friend and cousin, Carmin, brought over a fabulous crepe breakfast for me the night before my b-day. She's incredibly thoughtful like that. After school and piano, we tried to go to the library only to find it was closed. So we made a quick stop at the post office (where I got asked again if I run a daycare. Nope, just my family! :) ) Then we went to McDonald's for lunch where the kids played on the play equipment for over an hour. Even Kelsey, she's quite the climber and would repeatedly go up the first two, and stay there. Then I'd take her down and start her farther away and she'd go right back over to climb again. We had a relaxing afternoon, naps and games and puzzles. When Kenny came home we went to Qdoba for dinner! It's not Cafe Rio or Chipotle, but it's still really good. After that we picked up a chocolate cake and came home to indulge! Chocolate cake with a glass of milk is pretty much my favorite thing to eat in this world!! I blew out all 26 candles in one breath and the kids were so cute to sing to me multiple times throughout the day. For presents (see pic below) I got myself some new black boots and perfume (Pretty by Elizabeth Arden) and the best part...HOT YOGA CLASSES! I'm so excited to go use those. I've never done it before and I can't wait. I heard from a lot of friends and family members throughout the day and felt very loved and special. I have such an amazing and blessed life. I could not ask for anything more. Here's to another great year!!
 




Kenny had all the kids sit on the fireplace and one of them was hiding my perfume gift behind their backs. I had to guess who it was before I could receive it. Bryn's the only one with a poker face :). They loved being involved like that. Daddy's always creative with fun, spontaneous games.


The night before Tyler would just not go to sleep. He was crying and when I went down there to talk to him he said through his tears "I just want to plan your birfday!" So I said I would go upstairs and plan it and write it all down and he could see it in the morning. He cried even harder and said, "But you're not supposed to plan it, WE are! It's YOUR birthday!" hahaha. What a sweetheart. He loves birthdays and wants to do them right. I sure appreciate him caring about me like that. So we quickly came up with some ideas and carried most of them out. He wanted daddy to get up early and decorate the house and blow up balloons, and make me a crown to wear all day. That didn't happen :). But we still had a great day and did the rest of his list. 1 down, 2 more birthdays to go this week!

2 comments:

Cam said...

Cute boots!! So glad you had a fun "birfday." And Tyler is adorable! scratch that- all your kids are adorable!

Charity said...

You are so cute! My little Enoch did the same thing as Ty, tears and all. What a sweet little guy wanting to make it so special for his special mommy.