Saturday, September 21, 2013

Happy 30th Birthday Kenny!

I need to do a catch-up of our latest happenings. Probably the biggest thing I haven't blogged about was Kenny's 30th Birthday!! He's getting so old!! :) It was on Sunday, Sep. 8th. We had Stake Conference at 9 a.m. so it left little time for doing anything but a "happy birthday song" in the morning. We went to the meeting where I spent probably 1.5 hours of the 2 hours in the hall/mother's room with Madison and Kelsey who don't know how to be quiet and sit still. But that's okay. What I did hear was very good and I'm getting so excited for General Conference. After the meeting we were in the hall, walking out to the car when we heard someone call "Kenny!" We saw Maren and her kids coming down to meet us. They are our "Wasilla friends", that we haven't gotten together with since we went clamming on Memorial Day. Kenny used to work with Mike, her husband, at URS and we really like their family. She invited us over for lunch, which we were grateful to spend time with friends on his special day that would have been so lame otherwise! When we got there, she had put up streamers and a big happy birthday banner, and even made a chocolate cake! She served us a fabulous steak lunch with candied yams (his absolute favorite). I thought she was so inspired to just happen to have that planned for the day without knowing beforehand we would be coming. They're such good people. After having such a big lunch, no one was really feeling up to another big meal of chicken fettuccine alfredo (his for real favorite meal that I was going to make him). We did do our own little brownies and ice cream later that night and played the hot and cold game for him to find his presents. Tyler and I had gone birthday shopping for him, and got wrapping paper too. But we failed to remember that all our scissors and tape are packed up so we weren't able to wrap anything after all! Oh well. He didn't get anything too great; a brown and black pair of shoes for work, a new shirt and socks also for work, and a few random little gifts.

I am so grateful for Kenny. I don't think I realized how really great he was when I married him. I mean I knew I loved him, but I don't think I expected him to be so awesome! Every single time we come upon a trial or go through something together whether it's moving, pregnancy, having a child, losing a child, job change, etc. he has been a rock. Truly, he is my strength that keeps me going and gets me through everything. I can always count on him to take care of us, and keep us laughing on the way. :) It's sort of a running joke between us that he's "Superman" because everywhere we move we have many people comment on how much he looks like Clark Kent. But really, he is my Superman and I feel so blessed to have him as my eternal companion. I love him so much.

Once again, I'll add pictures later.



No comments: