Sunday, September 22, 2013

Notes

Sometimes I quickly jot things down in the "notes" section on my phone, like quick journaling for things I don't want to forget. Here's some things from this last month that I haven't already covered.

July 24th
Today bryn was busy coloring and humming a little song as usual when she stops and says, "mom, where does Jesus live?" 
"In heaven" I replied
And what does He look like?
Well, we're not sure, but we know he is man and has a body just like we do.
She says, yes I do know. He has white hair, and a white beard and all of him is white. 
I think you're probably right bryn.
Then Ty joins in, yeah! He has white hair and blue eyes.
Her thoughts are so often on our Savior and Heavenly Father. What a sweet stage she is in.

August 24th
Kels gets into the dog food a lot, sticks her hands in his water bowl then sucks on it, gets her arm stuck in the kennel, tries to sit on him a lot, and pulls his fur when he's sleeping. She is very jealous of the attention jake gets, especially from daddy.

After bathing the girls I got Kelsey dressed and left the other two to dress themselves since they can. I went upstairs to start on dishes and hear my kids outside. Madison had gone outside buck naked holding her pajamas in her hand. Thankfully just the backyard. She loves to snuggle up to me. Especially when I read her a book she has to be touching me and slide right up next to me. So sweet.

Written Sep. 8th
Madi: bryn asked when Christmas is. I told them when, and mentioned that Madison's birthday was first and then 20 days later would be Christmas. Madison gasped and said "Yes! Lets do this!!"

At the movie theater I left T & B in there and took madi and kels to the bathroom. When done madi ran out while I was washing Kelsey's hands. I tried to follow her as soon as I could, but couldn't see her anywhere. I thought that she would be lost, that there's no way she would remember which door to go in (lots of rooms of movies) and that she wouldn't be strong enough to open the door if she did know. She was nowhere to be found and I'm running around everywhere, trying to listen for her crying or calling for me, back to the bathroom etc. finally I thought I should check on Ty and bryn. She was sitting right by them. I underestimate how smart she is sometimes.

Today at stake conference I was out in the hall with the noisy little girls. Kelsey pooped, and I had left the diaper bag in the mtg by daddy. I had Madison go in with the mission of finding dad, getting the bag and bringing it back. I only half expected this plan to work. A minute later, out walks madi, half carrying, half dragging this huge and heavy diaper bag, with a big smile on her face for accomplishing this big girl task. It was so cute.  

She catches daddy every time and reminds him to buckle up in the car. I'm grateful for her saying it because it doesn't work if I remind him, but you got to listen to your cute 2 year old, especially when we tell her she has to buckle up :).

Sep. 9th
Tyler keeps using the word sabotage. We gave Kenny a pair of shoes for his birthday and there's a heel cushion in them. Tyler joyfully exclaims, "there's a sabotage in them!" Haha I asked what he thought that meant and he confidently said, "a sabotage means something that's comfortable."
Then when Madison scratched his back he said "oh yeah I love this back sabotage"! I finally figured out he was confusing MASSAGE with sabotage!! Lol

Sep. 20th
Madi got a muscle twitch and said "my bum is going up and down" 
Me: (I was laughing really hard) why is that?
Madi: umm...I can't tell




No comments: