Saturday, September 28, 2013

Not Our Best Month

As we near the end of September, we're really hoping things start looking up in October. I have a good feeling they will.

Here's where we're at with the house right now. They were "pretty sure" we would be able to close on Friday, but once again we didn't. However, we do have a time set up for Monday at 10 a.m., we are going to meet with the title company and sign the closing docs. FINALLY!!

BUT. This morning Kenny went over there to put some more of our stuff in the garage, and looked around in the house. They're still not even done. They still haven't put in the screen door in the sliding back door, still lots of blue tape where they were supposed to do touch-ups, and one of our kitchen cupboard doors is off its hinges and sitting on the counter. Really? When Kenny called and told me I wanted to either start screaming profanities or cry because I was just so upset. It's such a helpless feeling too, because we don't know what to do. All but the screen door, we can fix ourselves and just close, move in, and be done with these imbeciles forever. But the more vengeful part of me thinks "Why should they be able to be so unprofessional and unreliable, and do such a crappy job, and walk off without any repercussions?!!" But at the same time we are so sick of dealing with them, and so desperate to get into our house, that I don't think it's worth even getting into it with them. It's a very frustrating situation. When we very first met with them and put down earnest money, that was October 19, 2012 which means it's been 20 days short of A WHOLE YEAR to build a house. And a sub-par job at that. You'd think it was the first house they've ever built! I can't believe they're still in business.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, we bought 2 washers, 2 dryers, and 2 refrigerators from Best Buy. That's thousands of dollars worth of appliances. First, the sales associate at the store told us as we were purchasing them that we would be able to come and pick them up on the 11th, or any day after that if we wanted to. Turns out he was wrong, and we needed to wait until the 28th for them to be delivered. Before we were upset because we thought that was going to be a problem, as we really thought we would be in our house by now. I could deal with going to the Laundromat, but I need a fridge. So the manager gave us a deal on small mini-fridge we could use in the mean time. (Of course now we just wasted that money and have an extra mini-fridge and nowhere to put it). Saturday morning they call and say that they weren't actually there yet, and they wouldn't be delivered until sometime between Sunday-Tuesday--they weren't really sure. I called back using my angry voice and told them that was the second time they screwed us over and what were they going to do about it. He ended up giving us $200 bucks off the order. How many more things can not go our way? I'll tell you one more...

Also this morning, we were getting some of our "extra" stuff together to take over to the house, things we wouldn't need until Monday when we move again. So Kenny was in the closet picking up all of the cleaners that were in a box and had been dumped over. He was tossing them out of the closet to Tyler, who then put them back in the box. For some reason the bear spray was in there, and somehow the safety clip fell off when the box was knocked over. Without knowing that, Kenny tossed it out and it landed on the floor and sprayed. I didn't see it happen, but I immediately heard Kenny start coughing/choking and Tyler had sprinted to the sink and started crying and rubbing his eyes. Yes it was in his EYES! So while Kenny helped Ty, I picked up the spray and run it outside and read the can. We rinse his eyes out in the tap for like 15-20 minutes. I changed my clothes and took off Ty's, opened all the windows to air the house out, kept all the other kids outside, called poison control just in case and to get some tips...Oh that stuff just gets in your mouth and lungs and makes it burn and feel numb. Poor Tyler was so brave but that stuff is really intense and was burning his eyes so bad. I felt so bad for him. I'm so glad that he's doing better now and there wasn't any long-lasting eye damage.

I've been really wanting to go to the temple this week to get away and calm down. But Kenny works late every night and my temple bag is packed up somewhere. Hallelujah that we are almost at the other end of this. So I'm really, really looking forward to going to the General Relief Society Broadcast tonight.

1 comment:

Alyse and Carlos said...

Lindsay, I'm so sorry you've had such a hard month. You are beautiful and amazing. I hope you're recovering okay and we hope you can get into your new home soon!