Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mom

To my fabulous mother, Colleen, who drank out of mason jars for decades before it became cool.
Who sewed us all matching Easter and Christmas dresses every year.
Who made our Prom and Homecoming dresses and Halloween costumes long before Pinterest was around to steal ideas from.
Who never put herself first and lived a selfless life of service.
Who raised 8 children and mothered many other children along the way.
Who moved a large family all around the world several times and never complained. You have always been a pillar of strength and taught me to "put my big girl panties on" and that I can do hard things.
Who taught us to live the gospel and always do what's right.
Who cut our hair, grew a garden, canned food, kept an immaculate house, drove us to all of our music lessons and sports activities, and never stopped believing in us.
Who not only gave me life, but sacrificed everything in her own life to make ours wonderful.
Who continues to be an incredible example of a righteous mother in Zion to her growing posterity of 12 grandkids and counting.

I love you more than I can say. The longer I am a mother, the more I recognize and appreciate all you did for me, and all of us kids. I am in awe of your life and the woman that you are. I feel so blessed to call you mother for eternity.
All my love,
Lindsay

No comments: