Sunday, May 18, 2014

My Season

Mother's Day 2014

This mortal life, through which we all must pass, is one of times and seasons. The earth itself revolves around them, and so do we. Right now, this is my season. The season of rarely sleeping through the night. Of kissing boo-boo's, feeding little mouths, and quieting tantrums. A time of teaching every little basic thing like how to feed and dress and wipe yourself, to the very biggest of things like "you are a child of God", and "you are so loved". Setting timers for time-outs, tying shoes, and potty training. A season of "lots of little helpers" every where I go. A very sticky, messy season of poopy diapers, wet sheets, spit up, snot, slobber, etc. etc. A noisy season of jibber-jabber, screaming, talking, crying, and laughing. A tired back from holding babies and bending over the majority of the day. A repetitive season of reading the same little books over and over again with everyone on and around my lap. And cleaning the same rooms over and over again every day, just to be undone again. Teaching how to brush your teeth, don't talk to strangers, and how and why we pray. A season of physical discomfort and pain from sharing my body through pregnancies, deliveries, and breastfeeding. A season of stretching myself to my limits emotionally, mentally and physically. A time where as I parent these little ones, I in turn become a better child to my Heavenly parents. Understanding better obedience and forgiveness; pleading daily for guidance in how to raise my children, His children, the way He would have me. A season of learning patience by the hour and minute, and how to be loving and selfless. A thankless season where no one recognizes what you do save God alone. A season of lots of little hugs and kisses, smiles and laughs that make it all worthwhile.

This is my season. And I'm loving it.

6 comments:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Love It. I might frame this.

Carlee Ann said...

Beautiful.

Laura said...

I love this so much. I've been thinking a lot about my future responsibility as a mother and you always come to my mind as one of the greatest examples, Linds. I'm so lucky to have you as a sister and guide! This was beautifully written, I can see Elder Holland quoting this next conference ;) Sure love you, Lindsay!

Charity said...

Very sweet. I needed to hear that- thanks.

Kimberly said...

So beautiful Linds! I love catching up on your blog because I'm always inspired. You're an amazing Mother, someone I try to emulate!

Kimberly said...

And that pic of you and the kids is the best.