Sunday, May 25, 2014

Work Hard, Play Hard

One thing I really believe in, is having children work right along side their parents. They can be involved in a lot of things, even if it is harder to have their "help". :) Of course, there are many nights when I send them all out to the trampoline so I can finish the dishes and cleaning in peace, without anyone under foot. But, most of the time we try to include them in whatever the task is. Their excitement and enthusiasm are a really good reminder for me to find joy in work and in serving my family, and not to do it begrudgingly. Even when I had to take them and all our dirty clothes to the laundromat, they would fight over who got to put in the quarters and detergent. It was really fun for them, and helped me to lighten up a bit. Of course, most of the time they're much more willing and excited to help their dad. He has funner work than me apparently ;).


Brynlee was especially responsible for scrubbing inside the van because she had written her name, in pen, in the back!

Bad picture but they took over for me to pound those pork chops a little flatter! (I should really get a meat mallet)

Brynlee made hers and her sisters' beds without being asked here. I thought it was so cute.


Installing curtain rods 
Play hard: this is the easy part!

 Some guy from Kenny's work was getting rid of his archery set, and his baseball pitching machine and just gave them to us for free! Tyler is in heaven with this thing!

It's sort of a joke to go on a "walk" with these kids. I waddle along the sidewalk pushing the 2 younger ones, while Tyler and Brynlee bike for like a mile ahead and come back every once in a while to check on us :)


 Wasilla Lake is just down the road from us. It's the only community hang out place in Wasilla, so it's always very busy. And it's not really sand, more like gravel. But we still had a lot of fun!

This boy stays up late every night reading in bed, and starts reading again as soon as he wakes up. Currently into Harry Potter and loving it.


3 comments:

Cam said...

You are so good Linds! I need to be better at this. It's hard for me to remember that it's not actually about getting things done at this point in my life, but about teaching our kids how to do those things! Also, I wish you lived here. Or I lived there.

Charity said...

Yes this is a good reminder for me too! Thanks for your good example:) So when are you going to post pic of your new house? You make me laugh when you said you were waddling behind the stroller- oh the joys of pregnancy. How far along are you now?

Kimberly said...

Tell Tyler by the looks of these pictures he's becoming more "battle-y." ;) Sam would love to come shoot that bow w him!!