Thursday, September 17, 2015

Happy 1st Birthday Briggs!! (And Durango, CO Day 1)

Still going with our trip here! I'd really love to be all caught up!

Mon. August 10th we drove from Houston, TX back to Steph's house at Alamogordo, NM. Another very, very long day in the car. The next day we got back in the car (hooray! Not.) and drove to Durango, Colorado. Steph's in-laws own a condo up there and it is absolutely gorgeous! Such a beautiful place and we were so so grateful for the generosity in letting us stay there. They really are so kind. We got there on the night of the 11th. So our first real day there, was August 12th--Brigham's first Birthday!! I was feeling pretty bad that Kenny wasn't there for his son's first birthday. How lame is that? We really didn't do a whole lot that was for him, but what can you do really when they have no idea what the difference is? We still had a fun day though, and Laura and her baby Ian flew in to join us so our party grew again! :) My mom and I got up and went on a walk/run that morning. When we got back Steph and Cami were making delicious french toast with strawberries! It was so dang good. A great birthday breakfast! :) Then we all got ready and played outside for a good part of the day. We drove down to the town and hung out at a super fun park for many hours. We had an incident there where Madison climbed up the outside of this big twisty slide. She slipped and fell off from the top. Thank heavens she had some guardian angels watching over her and she wasn't seriously hurt. It was scary, but thankfully she was absolutely fine. We had a really fun time there. We came home and had dinner, then cupcakes and ice cream for the birthday boy! We did face time with Kenny so he could watch him. Briggs was so funny when I first put the cupcake in front of him. He didn't know what it was at first, so I ripped a piece off and put it in his mouth. I still remember watching him process the taste of that, he immediately perks up and lunges at the plate for more! hahaha. He devoured the rest, needless to say. He didn't get as big as he is being a picky eater! :) This boy loves food and treats in all their varieties :). I didn't even get him any presents because I knew he wouldn't care one way or another and we were short on luggage space, but my mom did get him some birthday gifts. Trust Grandma to take care of that :).
Oh how I love our sweet Briggs. I just can't get enough of my chubby, adorable, and good-natured baby. He still has the most kissable cheeks in the world and it makes me so happy that he still loves to snuggle me. He'll pat me when he gives me hugs sometimes and I love how he loves me. He is such a blessing in our family and everyone simply adores him.











 Steph, Cami, me, Mom, Laura, Sarah--I really loved having this time with my mom and sisters. We were missing Kim and Kerri so badly!!!








No comments: