Sunday, September 20, 2015

Last but not least, Utah and the wedding!

This post is pretty pathetic with my lack of pictures. But my phone was full, and pulling out my big camera is not always an option. So I just stole a few pics from my sisters phones. We had to go shopping to get everything we needed for the wedding, and that's never very enjoyable with kids. :) We played at a park a lot because we didn't really have anywhere to go a lot of times. We stayed at a rental house in Pleasant Grove, UT. One day we went to the Andersen farm where a lot of my relatives live, and where I used to live. We got to visit with my awesome Aunt LaDawn a little bit. She let us pick some peaches and gave us a drink of her freshly made grape juice from the grapes they grew. Oh I do miss that place. On Thursday morning I got to go to the temple with my parents, and Tim and Laura. It was awesome. My dad is just amazing and shared some neat insights and things with us in the celestial room and I will always remember that trip. Wish we could've all gone together...some day we will. Tim and Lauren had their reception on Friday night. It was absolutely gorgeous! The food was delicious and it was so fun seeing so many friends and family that I never get to see. I was missing Kenny so so bad that night. Everyone had someone to be with and talk to the whole time. Someone to just share that whole evening with and I was missing my husband and holding a very heavy baby boy. But they looked beautiful and it was a great evening overall. My kids danced their little hearts out. They were so sweaty and tired by the end of the night! Tyler especially had some pretty funny dance moves and just has no shame. He was just going for it and had a lot of people comment to me about it. He was feeling pretty good about life :). Friday, the 22nd was the actual wedding day. It went perfectly. So happy for those two and the life they'll have together. We had a luncheon after the wedding too that was SOO good. We had a great time celebrating Tim and Lauren. Kelsey was being difficult and refusing to be with me. She just finds people to cling to and it drives me crazy because I know it's so annoying to whoever she decides is her best friend of the day/hour. She acts like we never give her any attention or love and it's sort of really embarrassing. I know we were at the end of a very long trip and we were all anxious to get back home to daddy. Glad we could be there for the wedding though. It's always good to be with family!! They got a whole lot of cousin time that will hopefully last them till next year. ;)





My mom is the most amazing seamstress and she made all the little girls' dresses! They all had matching hair-do's too. We painted their nails and they were loving getting all dolled up. They kept twirling and were just so darling.

Saturday we flew home. It was a very long flight all by myself. No need to dwell on that or give too many details. It was just one of those things that's really hard and no fun at all, but you have to do it anyway. We had a short layover in Seattle to help break it up, and really the kids behaved as well as could be expected. They really are good kids and I'm blessed to have them. Never been so happy to be in my own home. I didn't realize how much I loved our house and our lives here until I got back. We were thrilled to be reunited as a family.
And that my friends, is THE END of our trip. Hallelujah.

No comments: