Saturday, September 19, 2015

Next up: Spring City, UT

Saturday, Aug. 15th we got up and going early to pack everything up and clean the condo. Then we drove about 6 hours to Spring City, UT. Ask me how much I love road trips. NOT AT ALL. But it does get us from one fun place to another so I shouldn't complain too much. We were all very glad to be there. Life just slows down whenever I'm in Spring City. I breathe deeper and just don't worry about as much. It's a wonderful place, but mostly because my Grandpa and Joyce live there. I sure love them a lot and I was so grateful for my kids to get to know them better. Kelsey immediately took to my Grandpa and just wouldn't leave him alone. She was always holding his hand, grabbing onto his leg and hugging him, sitting on his lap, etc. It was pretty sweet. I was worried he would be annoyed with her, but he wasn't. He is so good and kind. All the kids were obsessed with his dog, Belle. They played with her for hours and hours and hours a day. My grandpa would have to come out and lock her up and tell them to let her rest haha. She would just keep running and playing--she really loved the attention. 



Here you can see Kelsey hugging his leg :)

Briggs is checking out what Ian's doing with that hose. Nice way to cool off! They don't turn their A/C on so it was pretty hot!

Sweet Eva helping Briggs practice walking
They played the funniest games like tying each other up and prison, etc.
We tried to get some family pictures with them before we took off. Belle kept getting in the way. :)


The same swing I used to swing on growing up when I would visit Grandpa and Grandma Backus.

Brynlee got her dream come true of petting a horse. They were feeding them Alfalfa through the fence. Oh I love country life.

No comments: