Sunday, September 27, 2015

Reflections Lake, Fall Edition

I'd been wanting to go take some pictures of all the beautiful fall foliage for a while, and I knew my chance was coming quickly to an end. So a couple weekends ago, it was a Saturday night and we had just finished up dinner, I decided we just had to go that night because it wasn't raining and the sun was shining! I have a really great husband who suggested I should just go by myself even though my original plan was to go as a family. So I grabbed my camera and my journal, and drove about 20 minutes to Reflections Lake. I found a nice quiet spot to sit down for a while and think and write. Then I walked around the entire lake (it's only about a mile) and took pictures along the way. There were probably half a dozen photographers there too. That's how I knew I'd made a good choice :). Anyway it was a really great evening and something I need to do more often. I find such great solace in nature, especially with water. It was a really nice, quiet evening where I could sort out some thoughts and just think, with no distractions. I feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful place where I have so many gorgeous places so very close to my house. 
When I got home, the kids came running out to meet me in the garage, nearly getting run over. (only kind of joking) Brynlee had just lost her first tooth and couldn't wait to tell me about it. It was quite exciting :). 








This is the Knik River, right by the lake. Part of the trail goes right in between the two.




2 comments:

Kerri Andersen said...

That is so beautiful!! Just unbelievable. And alone time as a mom is SO rejuvenating- especially in somewhere as beautiful as that place. Wow!

Cam said...

I wondered if I had pulled up National Geographic for a minute!! Wow! So glad you got to get away for a minute.