Friday, September 25, 2015

Wrapping Up August

We had one day of rest (Sunday) and then Monday the 24th we tried to get right back into the swing of things. We started up school, all the kids classes were already going and had even missed the first week of a couple things. I'm a little fuzzy on all the details, but I did write in my regular journal so I can reference it later. Anyway, here's a few pics from the last couple weeks...

When it's nice outside, it is pretty impossible to keep Brynlee inside. So I would try to move her schooling outdoors. This time I brought out a white board with some math problems for her to solve where she would be happy. Barefoot in the grass, with the chickens running around her and the sun shining on her, and of course a weird antennae/headband thing she created that morning. Oh Brynlee. I never imagined I'd have such a free-spirited, nature-loving daughter. I have to adjust my teaching style and everything to work with her but it teaches me patience.


All 3 of the girls started dance class. Luckily Madison and Kelsey are only a year apart so they get to be in the same class! Thumbs up for one less trip to make! They have lots of fun together and I can't help but smile every time I see them all dressed up. I think it's completely adorable. Especially when Kelsey walks down the stairs looking like this...


One lazy Saturday morning. Daddy sat down on the couch and they all piled on.

Google hangout to watch my sister Sarah open her mission call!! (We were in the car waiting for Bryn in her dance class.) She's going to Reno, Nevada and we are so excited for her! She's the last to leave the nest and we know she'll do a fabulous job.
Kenny cleaned these big windows for me and the girls wanted to help. But really all they did was climb the ladder.

Sort of embarrassing, but my sister Steph taught me how to curl my hair while we were in Utah. I tried it out one morning before church. Kenny came home from meetings and walked into the kitchen and almost didn't recognize me! haha. That is a pathetic, but true, illustration of how often I do my hair nicely. So here is to document that I did put forth effort into myself one time this year! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

You look gorgeous in that picture! I love how your hair curls like that, I wish mine did the same! And hey, doing it rarely keeps it special, right? ;) I laughed out loud about Brynlee, what a sweetheart doing math outside with the chickens! Funny girl. Love you all so much!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful Linds! And I don't know how to curl my hair either. You can teach me when you curl your hair again next year! 😉 What a blessing home school is for Bryn. Awesome that you can adapt things like that. She is so funny and awesome. Amazing how different each child comes.