Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Life Here Thus Far

Kenny suggested last week that I pre-type these posts so that I wouldn't have to do it all in one day. So that's how I'm putting all of these up so quickly. I'm just copying and pasting. Sorry for the over-load but again, you don't need to read it all.

For the short time that we’ve been here, we love it! We live out in the country, which offers some new things for me. Let me tell you some of the creatures we’ve seen at or near our house since we’ve been here: frogs, a snake, foxes, hundreds of spiders and all manner of “creepy” things, bunnies, our neighbors have sheep, other neighbors have buffalo, your usual dogs and cats, and oh the birds! There are constantly SO many beautiful birds flying all around our house. There’s a bird’s nest in the tree in our front yard, and on our porch light next to our front door. The weather has been so beautiful so we just have the windows open all day long and I love LOVE hearing the birds singing all day. We are all so happy here. Brynlee is getting prettier and chunkier with each passing day, and Tyler is getting smarter and more talkative each day too! It’s so fun to watch their relationship blossom. They love each other so much. Tyler just adores Bryn still, and she always smiles and jabbers at him. It is so sweet.


bath time! Tyler got out of the bath and Brynlee was about to get in.

Tyler climbed under here one day and said "look mom! 2 babies!" then he tried to teach Brynlee how to hit the toy haha it was hilarious.

He loves to push her around in her walker. It's actually really helpful b/c it keeps her entertained since she's still too little to reach the floor or the toys :).


Every day I take the kids in the stroller a few blocks away to the lake where Tyler likes to throw rocks in the water. He never tires of it. I love having that so close by. It’s beautiful there. On the weekends Kenny gets to join us and we love it.


We have planted a little garden, and I work on the yard whenever I can. That’s something that’s new to us is having to take care of a yard. But we both love working outside so we don’t mind at all. I think there’s something very therapeutic for me about gardening, wedding, etc. I’ll let ya know if we actually grow anything ha.


The other day I was out in the sun room, that we made the play room, with the kids. I was nursing Brynlee in the rocking chair and watching Tyler try to figure out his bicycle and play with his animals. The windows were open so I could hear the birds, and feel the breeze, and there were blankets drying on my clothes line outside (I have a thing for clothes lines), and I could smell the bread I had baking in the oven and I had one of those perfect-life moments. I say moments because obviously no one’s life is perfect all the time. But honestly I couldn’t think of anything else I could have wanted. It was one of those times where the spirit confirms that we are where we are supposed to be, and it feels so good.

4 comments:

Kellen and Erin said...

How lucky that you have a yard! We are excited for that one day. These pictures are too cute

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Oh Linds you make me want to have two kids now because yours are so darn cute. But for the sake of our second child, maybe I will figure Troy out first :)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I love having those peaceful moments! Tyler is such a great helper...cute pics!

Caitlin said...

sounds like a wonderful moment! i love moments like those, where everything is just perfect!
welcome back to the blogging world! keep us updated!