Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 5 - May 8

Tuesday morning I got up early and packed all our stuff in the car and waited until Brynlee woke up, then we were ready to go. Obviously I hadn’t learned my lesson yet because I drove the 4 ½ hours to Rockland to stay with Kenny’s parents. Again, she screamed almost the entire time and we stopped a lot. We stayed there until Thursday night. Tyler started getting sick on Monday night. He just got this random fever. He had no other symptoms that I could tell or that he complained about. I don’t know what it was, but we just took it easy with him and kept him on Tylenol/Advil rotating to keep his fever down and after a few days it went away.


He's playing with my hair. cute huh?


On Thursday night I drove (again by myself) down to Logan, Utah where we stayed in the hotel Kenny’s Grandpa used to own and we met up with all of his family. It was so fun to see them all again. I miss living so close to Andy and Shalee, and James and Shariane. Tyler was more than thrilled to be reunited with his cousin, Josh. Kyle and Keli picked up Kenny at the airport for me on their way there which was SO nice of them. Oh it was so good to see him again. I missed Kenny like crazy, especially when I have to do hard things I miss him even more. Tyler stayed up swimming with his cousins till 10:30 or 11 which was fun at the time, but of course I always regret it the next day. This kid REALLY needs his sleep. Especially when he hasn’t had any sort of reliable or consistent schedule in weeks.

The next morning, Friday, May 8th we went to Jeni and Eric’s wedding in the Logan temple. I had never been to, or in that temple before and it was beautiful. I was really nervous about leaving Brynlee during the sealing, but I must have had a little extra help from praying in the temple because she slept all but the last 5 minutes. Hallelujah. After pictures (and lots of crying from our exhausted children) we went to their luncheon at the Blue Bird restaurant which was so yummy. From there we drove to West Haven for the Open House at a church. I am so glad we were there to celebrate this important time for both of our sisters. We love spending time with our families more than anything.


A dangerous duo, Ty and Josh.




After the open house ended, we changed our clothes, rearranged the car and got back on the road to come home to Illinois. We again drove through the night, with Kenny driving most of the way. It’s 20 hours each way, just for the record. Man it's nice to be done with trips for a few months.

No comments: