Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 9 - May 10

We made it back Saturday night and Kenny put the kids to bed while I went to the store to get some groceries and diapers. I also picked myself up a bouquet of flowers from Wal-mart for Mother’s day haha. I brought them home and said to Kenny, “you can give these to me”. So he hands them back to me and I hugged him and said, “Oh this is so unexpected! Thank you so much!” haha.

Mother’s Day was about as good as every other holiday so far this year, if you know what I mean. Kenny did make me bacon and cinnamon rolls from a can (that I had picked up the night before). It was our first time at church in our new ward—finally! Everyone was very kind and welcoming. I think we’re going to like it there a lot. Except Tyler got in a fight in nursery apparently, and came home with scratches on his face. I was so sad about that. But I talked to him about fighting and sharing our toys, and I know he just needed more time to adjust and he was still so tired from all the dang traveling. He’s normally such a nice boy. They also gave me (and all the other women) chocolates. One little bag during Sacrament meeting, and another little bag from the nursery. ALL chocolate. Do you know how torturous that is for me? I couldn’t resist and had 3 or 4 pieces, but regretted it later when Brynlee screamed the rest of the night. Colic or chocolate? I don’t know, either way it made for a very rough evening. Happy mother’s day indeed. Even though it has been a very hard last few weeks, ok months, I do love being a mother and couldn’t ask for better or cuter kids. I feel so lucky and honored to have them entrusted to me.

Seriously though, this has been the worst year for holidays so far. My birthday was great, but Tyler’s was stupid because we didn’t even celebrate it on the right day since we got home from the hospital that evening. Valentine’s day was a total flop because we had a 1 week old and a toddler and an overly emotional me. I totally forgot about St. Patrick’s day. Easter we were all separated and didn’t get to do any of the celebrating on actual Easter day. Then our anniversary and mother’s day I just went through, obviously not the greatest. Maybe we’ll have it all together by Christmas??

After traversing back and forth across parts of the country here is my conclusion: Texas is way too big, Arkansas has way more road kill than it does road signs, all 15 people that live in Nebraska should move out so we can get rid of that nothing-state entirely and save ourselves a few hours, Wyoming leaves much to be desired but somehow still seems pretty because I’m usually driving in it when the sun is rising, and Utah always feels like coming home. Also, anyone that says we are over-populating the earth has never taken a road trip.

3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I know what you mean about the holidays....

Elise said...

Amen to that "overpopulating" garbage.

Also, I'm all for recycling and everything, but I learned recently that even if we continue our waste/landfill rate and don't improve at all, it will take 1000 years to fill up a 35 square mile landfill that is 100 yards deep. We could totally use Nebraska for that, right? So people don't really need to freak out about recycling every scrap of paper...

There's your fact of the day.

Charity said...

Oh I'm glad your back. Wow what a crazy, busy,horrible, yet wonderful last month. I like your house, and I think you are very awesome for packing, unpacking and driving across the country all by yourself (but w/ 2 kids!) You are great :)