Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm The Luckiest

"I've just about had it today", I told Kenny on the phone as he was leaving work. Brynlee had been especially difficult yesterday, and has reached the throwing up phase. Tyler did the same thing. It seems like at 3 1/2 months or so they start having massive spit-up issues. That's why I started Tyler on rice cereals when he was 4 mo. cuz the doctor thought that might help. I am contemplating starting even earlier with Bryn. Not only that, but I had spotted and killed 5 SPIDERS in my home. No, I actually only killed 4. The 5th (which I found on the wall above Brynlee's bed) was put in a jar and displayed on the counter as a warning sign to all other spiders who think they can get away with stepping even 1 of their 8 nasty legs into my home. I hate spiders.

After I got off the phone with Kenny, I decided that the best thing to do was to pray. I prayed for strength and a little more patience (a common theme in my prayers these days). Then I decided I had a choice. I could be one of those wives that always is stressed out and throws her kids at her husband the second he walks in the door. Or I could act like I have it all together and greet him with a smile, making him WANT to come home. So that's what I did. I forced myself to smile, finally got Bryn to take a nap, and finished making chicken pot pie.

As I did so I was thinking about how lucky I am. Seriously. Kenny always comes home happy and anxious to help. He always gives me a big hug and a kiss, and steps in to help with Tyler, or Brynlee, or whatever needs to be done. He listens to the tales of the day and shares his with me. He compliments me every single day about something. "wow honey, the house looks great!" or, "This meal is delicious, thank you. You did an excellent job." etc. How many men really do that every day? Mine does. And I love him all the more for it. It makes me want to do it again the next day and every day after that.

I also thought of every woman that is single and doesn't have anyone to come home and help share the burden. Or even temporarily single, like my sister who's husband is gone a lot and will be deployed soon. My heart goes out to them.

Then I felt lucky that I am able to pray multiple times a day for help, inspiration, patience, etc. and know that my prayers are heard and answered. I can't imagine raising children, or living at all, without it. The knowledge and blessings of the gospel are endless.

I am the luckiest.

No comments: