Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

This man. My husband, and father of our two beautiful children, most certainly deserves at least one day to celebrate what a fantastic father he is. I couldn't imagine raising children with anyone else. He is everything to them, and everything to me. Love you, Kenny.



These 3 comprise my whole world.

Wouldn't be a father's day post if I didn't mention my own father. I'm positive he's one of the greatest men to have lived. I am so glad that he helped to raise me, and I love that I am a part of him. Even little things I inherited from him. Like the way I make sandwiches--not very quickly, but spread evenly and perfectly. Or my ability to sweat profusely when exercising. Kenny endearingly calls it "The Dean Factor"...attractive I know. Also my love of basketball, and how my tongue naturally slips out and I lick my lips when I'm concentrating hard. These things help make up who I am, and they are from him. I love you so much dad!
We had a great day. It was relaxing and happy, except for my cinnamon roll saga. Won't get into it, but it was frustrating. Not sure why food is such a big deal to me, or why I feel like 60% of what makes up a good day (especially meaningful days/holidays) is the food we eat, but that's just how I am. I just love good food, especially when I was the one that made it. Kenny loves my food, and I love him for loving it. Got it? Anyway, Kenny grilled some steaks and pineapple for our big lunch/dinner!!
We had fun playing games together that evening with our traditional bowl of popcorn. We got great deals on the games Scrabble and Rummikub at our big yard sale day a while back so those are the two we play most lately. We're big gamers. Kenny doesn't like scrabble very much, but because it's one of my favorite games he plays anyway. But this time he made up "Go-Fish Scrabble" haha. It was hilarious. He cracks me up with the things he comes up with. It was another great day. I love that lately, when we're together as a family playing games, or hanging out outside, or doing whatever, Tyler will always say "happy family!" It makes me so glad that he feels the spirit when we're all together and he feels happy. You're right Tyler, we are a happy family.

No comments: