Sunday, June 14, 2009

main events of our week

Brynlee turned 4 months on the 9th! She is getting so chunky I LOVE it!! She has the most adorable smile. This is her favorite toy--her feet. As soon as she lays down, she immediately pulls up her legs and grabs her toes. Oh and she can roll from her tummy to her back.




Monday, we baked banana bread and brought it to our friends, the Porter's. Their little girl is Tyler's new love. He gets SO upset whenever we have to leave her. She's the cutest little redhead and Ty is just in love with her. We used up a lot of our letter B activities even though I didn't do it this week. I'm switching "curriculum" to something more sophisticated and legit, not me making up random things. Thanks Steph, for showing me that by the way.

Tuesday we went to reading time at the library and finally got a library card. We'll probably do that every week. It's good for Ty to get to hang out with other kids, and I cannot believe how much he loves reading books.

We finally have curtains hung up in the living room and dining room. I got a lot of weeding and pruning done in the front yard, AND some family pics hung up on the wall. Yeah...we're a little slow.

Tyler and I surprised Kenny on Friday when he came home from work. We filled up water balloons and when Kenny stepped out of his car, we attacked! It was lots of fun. They weren't meant to be water balloons so they didn't pop as easily cuz they're thicker or something. And they got so big! Ty loved it! I think he liked the anticipation of it more than the actual water-balloon war. He kept repeating over and over how we were going to "throw the balloons at daddy and get him all wet!" Here we are preparing the ammo.


Saturday a.m. I got to go to the St. Louis Temple. I hadn't done a session in like 6 months so I was really dying to go. Kenny was great and put up with the kids from 6 (when I left) until almost 11 when I got back. It's an hour away, but I had the most wonderful experience so I was very grateful I got to go. I would have really loved to go with Kenny, but I'm sort of scared of leaving the kids with anyone. I'm not very comfortable with this next stage of babysitting life we've found ourselves in. You know, when you go from switching off babysitting for free for each other in college, to paying the Young Women in the ward...who have never had children. Brynlee's still such an unpredictable handful, and I'm just not comfortable with making anyone take care of her yet. Plus she likes me alot more than bottles. Anyways. Hopefully she'll get better in the next couple months and we can go together once again.


Also on Sat., Ty was standing on his little stool "helping" me make him some mac and cheese for his lunch. It's something he does all the time cuz he loves to be involved and help me out. We've never had a problem before, but this time he decided to reach out and touch the stove top, right as I looked over and screamed, "Don't touch that!" Too late. The next few hours were tough. He is a really tough kid, but he was just screaming and crying. I felt awful. Kenny kept his hand under really cold water for 15-20 min. immediately after it happened, and we had burn stuff (that we called peanut butter becuase it's close to the same color) and we kept that on his hand afterward. He was pretty good about resting his hand on a bag of ice too so it's doing a lot better. He has hardly complained about it at all today, thankfully. It's hard to watch your child go through so much pain. I hate it. Check out these 2nd degree burn blisters.



Saturday night while I was reading bedtime books to Tyler (and Bryn), Kenny comes in with a jar full of lightning bugs and turns off the light. It was just like magic watching them light up and glow! A fun little way to end the day and week.

4 comments:

Porter Family said...

You know we'll watch your kids anytime you want to go to the temple--Ashlyn loves Tyler, too, so she'd be more than happy! She kept talking about "hiding under the table in Nursery with Tyler" so I guess they had a good time. :) When do you want to play this week?

Caitlin said...

I feel the same way about leaving Makenna with a babysitter...I don't like it! We've only done it once and it was after she went to bed.

I like that you guys filled balloons! That's so funny! And I bet Kenny was surprised!

Brynlee is so cute! What a chunk!

Kyle and Amanda said...

The same thing happened to my sisters little boy. She got one of his socks and taped it to his arm. That way he wouldn't be tempted to pick at the blister. Just a thought. We are glad that you guys are adjusting well to all of the changes!

Shelley said...

I love how chunky she is getting! Ty is so tough, that must have hurt bad. I love your idea about the letter of the week. You are such a great mom!