Monday, June 1, 2009

Little Spotlights

I just wanted to record a few things about my adorable kids.


Brynlee:

Nicknames: Brynners, Baby B, Chunkers, Sweet Pea, Princess, Pretty Girl, Bryn

Favorite food: milk, milk, and more milk. Don't be fooled by the fact that she spits it all up, she really does like it.

She gets in these talkative moods and she'll just jabber on and on and I love it! My favorite is when I'm nursing her and she always just stares up at me with her big blue eyes then stops to give me her big goofy grin when I look at her. Sometimes she'll pull up and start jabbering, then go back to eating like she just wanted to tell me something.

She absolutely LOVES her brother Tyler and is so entertained by him. Aren't we all.

She's not a fan of church, and has yet to let me get through one entire meeting (hour) without stepping out.
Has an absolute HATRED for her car seat. She still screams her head off anytime we go anywhere. I wonder if she'll ever get over it.
She can't roll over yet, but she squirms and twists around so much and never stays on her blanket.
She can hit her toys that hang above her head.
She LAUGHS! She just started a couple weeks ago, and she doesn't do it for very long at all, but I still love to hear it.
I get so much attention and comments on her when we're out in public. Everybody loves a baby, but Brynlee seems to especially draw crowds.
She is very alert and always has been. She opens her blue eyes up really wide and just watches so closely to whatever is going on. Because of that people always say how big her eyes are. To me, they're just normal size she just opens them up wider sometimes.
I love to chew on her rolls and she is ticklish so it makes it even funner.
She has such a big, happy, beautiful smile and flashes it for me all the time! I love my baby girl.
Tyler:

Nicknames: Ty, Ty man, Mr. T, Crazy kid

He is obsessed with animals! He's got a big bin of them and is always playing with them. He lines them up all over the house, plays with them in the bath tub, and the swimming pool. Even reading his little-kid bible and Book of Mormon, if the story doesn't have a picture of an animal in it, he's not interested. That's why Noah's Ark and Jesus' birth (because of the stable) are his favorite stories. Oh, and David and Goliath because he likes to throw rocks, just like David :).

I already mentioned how he lines up his animals, but really he has quirks about lining everything up. whatever toys he's playing with, they get lined up. It's so funny. Then when they're just right, he does his little chicken dance where he flaps his arms up and down and jumps (unless he's sitting) and like hyper-ventilates.

He remembers everything! He has memorized so many songs and books so easily.

His favorite song right now is "Hakuna Matata" and it is by far the cutest thing you'll ever see. He even does a little dance with it.

He makes me read to him all the time! I love it, though. Some of his current favorites are: Where the Wild Things Are, Snug House, Bug House, Green Eggs and Ham, Lion King, Cars....the list goes on.

this boy flatters me by how much of my bread he eats. He loves it so much he asks for it for 3 meals a day. Breakfast he wants toast. Sometimes with butter and jam, or butter and honey. But this morning was "No jam, jus' budder". Lunch he mixes it up with peanut butter and honey or jam, and for dinner he just wants toast again. Really this is one of our biggest challenges with him is trying to get him to eat. He refuses to try anything, and gags and like makes himself throw up when we make him try things. It is SO frustrating. He does love pizza, macaroni & cheese (which he calls roni and cheese), yogurt, apples w/ peanut butter, sometimes bananas, and sometimes chicken nuggets.

He has SO much energy and just runs around all the time. He loves to be outside and play in water. Our new little inflatable pool is a big hit.

He loves soccer, basketball, rolling the football under his legs, and t-ball, which he's actually getting pretty good at.

He's probably the best big brother in the world. he is so gentle with Bryn and loves her so much. Always gives her hugs and kisses and wants to hold her. He's pretty protective and almost territorial about her. The other day in the grocery store another little girl saw brynlee and said, "ooh a baby!" and Tyler yelled back in his growly, lion voice: "No dat MY baby Binyee"

He always acts like a lion. Sometimes it's concerning because he only wants to be a "bad lion" hah

I suppose I could go on and on about Ty because there is so much to this boy. But I just love him to pieces!

5 comments:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Your kids are so flippin cute. I love hearing about Ty loving Brynlee so much. Oh you remind me of how much I love being a mom now.

Elise said...

I love that he says Brynlee is his. So stinking cute!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Mike thinks it's hilarious when James stops eating to smile or talk to us...it's such a sweet time
that's great that you're recording things about them; I hope I can keep it up when I have more kids

Charity said...

OH Yes, I love it when they stop eating to smile at you :) Enoch does the same thing as Ty w/ the lining up toys all the time(what is that anyway?)Cute kids!

Brooke said...

Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how big your baby is getting.