Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Progress


I'm realizing more and more each day that progress, not perfection, is what life is all about. Boy I wish I would have understood that concept years ago. We're all making little progressions around here.
Brynlee not only figured out how to blow raspberries, but she also was awake in the car for like 15 minutes without crying!! Possibly a record for her so far.
Tyler took a bite of a carrot yesterday, and swallowed it. It took over half an hour, and it was his fifth bite that he didn't gag on and spit out, but he did it. I think that makes the first taste of a vegetable in almost a year. Way to go, buddy.
Kenny and I are losing weight! I even got to wear a skirt this last sunday that I haven't been able to zip up since before I had Bryn. Woohoo! I guess my early morning workouts are finally starting to pay off.
All this progress must be contagious because our plants in and around our house are actually growing! (Some of them). It rains so much here, I was sure that a lot of them were drowned out because it flooded not long after we planted. The one pictured above happens to be sweet basil, and that one's in our dining room window. (Now all you superstitious folk better knock on wood for me before everything dies!)
Even baby steps help you move forward.

1 comment:

Porter Family said...

I love growing basil! It's about the only thing I can't kill. Although this year, the tomato plants and pepper plants are actually still all alive, even after the massive rain. Good luck!