Sunday, December 13, 2009

The end of another week?

I swear, where does the time go?
A few of the fun things we've been up to the past few days...

On Thursday we finally had the Relief Society Christmas dinner/program. We've been planning and preparing for it for a long time, and I'm glad it's finally come and gone. It went pretty well though, and I'm glad people actually showed up.

Friday day we were needing something to do, so Tyler and I made some sugar cookies. He loves helping out, whatever it is. We didn't stop until there was a sufficient layer of flour covering us, and the kitchen.


On Friday night we went out to eat at St. Louis Buffet, just to try it out. It's comparable to a Golden Corral, or Chuck-a-rama. It was alright, I am never overly-impressed with those kinds of places. One terrible thing that happened was I bit into a piece of breaded something thinking it was chicken!! I actually spit it back out onto my plate--yes in public--and immediately reached for my water. It still didn't wash the taste away and I was about to throw up, gagging on the horrible taste in my mouth. I grabbed Tyler's lemonade and gulp some down, even with his protesting. Finally, relief. My family sat there watching this whole scene play out, wondering what is going on. I said, whatever that is, that was NOT chicken. Kenny laughs and tells me it was catfish. YUCK!! I guess it's not just in my head that I don't like any sea food, because I didn't know what that was until I bit into it. It was a fun evening just to all be together though.

Saturday morning we all went to the gym--together. We haven't attempted this in many months because Brynlee wouldn't stand for the little daycare place. Kenny insisted we try it again, and it went very well, if you can believe it. She didn't cry once and we got to run together (ok, next to each other) and then Kenny showed me some stuff in the weight room. Then I went home with Brynlee, and Kenny stayed and took Tyler swimming. The two of them had a wonderful time, Tyler can't get enough of the pool. He gets better and better at swimming each time he goes. I showered, got ready and packed lunches, Brynlee napped. then we picked the boys up and headed out to St. Louis to go to Sams Club. We haven't been there since we moved here, so it was good to go again. We spent a lot of money, but we sure won't run out of laundry detergent, toilet paper, dishwasher soap, etc. for a long, long time. We also bought an ipod touch! It's a christmas present for me and Kenny, but he refused to wait until Christmas to open and use it. I'll admit, I'm getting a little jealous of that thing, he hasn't put it down since we came home! haha. It is pretty cool though. It'll be nice to have music to run to.

That afternoon we decorated our sugar cookies and delivered a few plates to our closest neighbors.



We discovered that we have new next-door neighbors, that have been there since halloween!!?? Hello! Am I self-absorbed or what. Kenny and I were both wondering how we missed that. Surely we would've noticed people moving out and in. So we're going to have them over sometime this week to get to know them. Sat. night we FINALLY got Julie & Julia in the mail from Netflix. Gosh I've been waiting for that one for a long time. I've already seen it, but I was so anxious for Kenny to watch it, and to see it again. Makes me want to cook something fancy.

Sunday: This morning started out interesting. I somehow forgot to put a diaper on Tyler last night. We didn't discover that until he woke up and was out in the living room. He asked, "do I have a diaper on?" Kenny said, yeah you do. So he let the flood gates open. It didn't take long for Kenny to realize he didn't have a diaper on!! hahah. there was pee ALL over; big puddles forming a trail all the way to the bathroom. Thank goodness for hard wood floors, and mops.
Church was great. Kenny got released as a sunday school teacher for youth and called to be a teacher in the primary! Fun fun!
We had fun playing games together as a family tonight. Andy and Shalee got us some fun kid games for Christmas and Tyler loves them. 3 different games: Ants In Your Pants, Don't Break the Ice, and Don't Spill the Beans.

I've got all my lists made and my calendar filled...ready for another fun and busy week!

1 comment:

Carly said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog Linds, you're someone who I have always really looked up to and those words of encouragement mean a lot from you!

Hope you guys are doing well! Happy Holidays!