Thursday, December 10, 2009

That's what parents are for


I've been thinking lately about the parent-child relationship and how wonderful it is. I was reading some quotes this morning by Joseph Fielding Smith about how every child has the right to be born into a family where the parents are married, where they will be cared for, and taught, etc. After all, it was your choice to bring them into the world, not theirs, ya know. So anyway I agree whole-heartedly with that. But I was also thinking how everyone needs to be loved and adored. Nobody else will think of your child the way you do. Every parent thinks that their child is the most beautiful, the most intelligent, the most special, etc. No other person could love everything they do, the way a parent does. I look at my kids and just think, gosh they are the best! They just make me so happy. I catch myself laughing at everything they do because they are so fun, and I just think the world of them. And that is what every child deserves, and needs(along with the basic shelter, food, clothes)--someone who thinks the world of them. Someone who loves them more than their own self, and would do or give up absolutely anything for them. I think that's what parents are for.

3 comments:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

That is the best picture! I love your post. I 110% agree.

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

What a great post! I loved reading it and I love your picture...the Christmas card was so cute!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

good thoughts and I love your picture