Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

We had such a wonderful Christmas break! On Friday, the 18th we left that night and drove through the night to get to my parents' house in Katy, TX. We got there around 8 in the morning. It was so much fun! where to begin?... I'll just list off some of the things we did:

-Kenny and I went to go see New Moon! It was pretty good, I still like the book better. Kenny said that's the last one of those he'll go see with me haha.
-Ate more than our share of BLUE BELL ICECREAM! It doesn't get better than that.
-We went and worked out at Lifetime Fitness, the gym my sister, Laura, works at. It was so nice it made our gym here look like a junk yard (almost).
-Bowling!! We played two games and I won the second game with a score of 159. I even beat my dad which is a rare occurrence. Kenny got like 6 strikes in a row or something in the first game!
-Lots of bocce ball games
-A few intense games of basketball at the church, and then volleyball afterwards. (Can you tell my family likes sports?) It felt SO good to play again.
-I read the book The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and thoroughly enjoyed it. I learned so much, as I always do with his books.
-Made pajama pants for Kenny, me, tyler, and Bryn for Christmas Eve tradition (Laura will you send me the picture you took of us in our matching pj's?)
-Saw a girl at my parents' ward who I had a class with at BYU-Idaho. Her husband works for the same compay Kenny does. Crazy the people you run into sometimes.-Sang around the piano with sisters which I love
-Traditional Christmas Eve dinner of Au-gratin potatoes, ham, corn, salad, mom's rolls, etc.
-Ate LOTS of treats and goodies. I love the holidays, but my love handles don't.
-Acted out the nativity scene, of course
-LOVED playing Santa and watching Tyler and Brynlee on Christmas morning. I had been looking forward to it for a long time and it was so fun! -Played lots of Wii--my parents gave it as a "family gift" for Christmas. Tim set up a tournament and made braccets and everything for Wii tennis. It was so funny. it will be fun to always have that there when we go home now.
-Got together with our old friends, the Roses. Glad our parents have kept in touch all these years. we used to joke about having a triple wedding because their 3 sons are the same ages as me and my two older sisters. Now all but their youngest boy is married and has (or will have) kids so it's fun to get together with them.
-Thrilled to see my sister Cami, and her husband Tyler after they FINALLY made it the day after christmas. They were trying to surprise us by coming for Christmas (driving down from Provo) but they got stuck (for over 24 hours) in an isnane snow-storm in Wichita Falls!! Who would even imagine that you'd get stuck in a terrible winter storm in texas!!?? A memorable first christmas for the two of them :). glad we got to see you for at least a little bit, Cam.-Kenny and I went to the Houston Temple with my parents, and Kim and Caleb. It was wonderful.
Overall we just had a wonderful time! We left Sunday morning at 5:30 a.m. and got home a little before 8:00 that night. Hope everyone had a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Here's a bunch of pictures from the week

This is the doll Brynlee got from Santa. She likes to play with her eyes. Probably because they pop back open by themselves when she closes them
This is the sword tyler got from Santa. He likes to pretend he's putting it in and pulling it out of the imaginary hilt at his side.



a game of bocce ball in the backyard. L to R: Caleb (Kim's husband), Kenny, Tim, Dad

Someday we'll have to get a trampoline. They love it!
Kenny fixed the truck so my sister could drive it again. He loves having projects to do when we go down there, but I think my parents love him doing the projects even more!

Ty and Bryn help by emptying out the tool box (which kenny got for Christmas)

Sunday afternoon naps

1 comment:

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

Brylee is soooooo cute! It's funny that they still make that doll. I have the exact same one in a box in our closet, she just has different clothes on. Don't ask me why I still have it, I just do:) Anyways, I am so glad that you guys were able to go and spend time with your family Linds. I can tell that you miss them and wish you could see them more. Hopefully Kenny can move you back closer to them in a few years. Tyler is so grown up. That was too cute what he does with his sword! We sure do miss you guys and wish that we could hang out and see you more, but we are happy that you are living your dreams with Kenny having a wonderful job and you being able to be a stay at home mom. It's wonderful that you can be with your kids, bake bread and all the other amazing things you do. I know that you already know how but if you want me to make you some bows for Brynlee to match certain outfits she has I would love too. Just send me a picture of her outfits (probably via email) and an idea of what you want the bow to look like. I am off track for winter semester so I would love to make some for her, let me know! Hope you have a great New Years!